looking for someone who makes sun shade sails puerto plata/sosua/cabarete

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Anyone who knows where I can get sun shade sails made on the North Coast, preferable Cabarete/Sosua/Puerto Plata.

Something like this, but I have a hard time finding the correct size and shape online for a worn out sail I have.
CA2379-E2-F851-4-C01-94-C0-ED379718554-F.jpg

Custom made would be great.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Bring your worn out sail along with material to any tailor and they will make you one.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Outside (east of) Sosua used to have a place......
might still be there

Bring your worn out sail along with material to any tailor and they will make you one.

Thanks both for your help and suggestions. I had a hard time finding pre made sun shade sails even in Puerto Plata, no avail.

Hidelisa POP sells material, though, but not the quality I wanted. Asked in several hardware stores and furniture shops as well for any directions. UV resistant and durability is important, the last one missed those points.

I brought my almost worn out sail to a local tailor once and got it fixed for 100 pesos heh, nice work as well, but now the material almost have disintegrated because of the UV rays over time.

And I want one that last at least some years. Got wild on Amazon and bought one for almost $100 USD in total :lick:

I could have bought ones for less about 30-40 USD, but they are not straight edge and same quality, I want straight edges because it is in front above an entrance, door.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071Y3BLG9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D6NF9KL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for your responses and now I want to forget the price and hope for the best!

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
What I often see on Internet forums in threads like this, the bastard that suggest and buys something, never bother to update the thread again whether he was satisfied. Here comes

Very good quality which fulfilled my needs.
Thumbs up

Beware, it is not white...The color suits my place/taste

The cheap metal stuff I bought from the other vendor works, but you might want to look for something stronger