Blackouts

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Power outages have started here in Costambar, last night 5 hours, but of course the barrios were lit up like Christmas trees. I guess they don't want to piss of the natives.

Sep 22, 2009
Power outages have started here in Costambar, last night 5 hours, but of course the barrios were lit up like Christmas trees. I guess they don't want to piss of the natives.
You guys have your own transformers. I did notice power issues around 5-530 pm yesterday but down by Janet's there was minimal disruption

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Low voltage fluctuations yesterday and a few today but the power has stayed on in my part of Sosua so far.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It looks like Edenorte has resumed its scheduled maintenance program again. Rotating power outages are scheduled all week. Today's are scheduled to affect large parts of Sosua, Cabarete & Puerto Plata 09:00-14:00.

Capture.JPG

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just love it when they do that. Maintenance never seems to help, but it's nice to see they are busy with make work.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Along the southern tier, the occasional disruption has been due to the service company removing kites from the utility lines. Nothing more than a 45 minute outage at most/for most.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Hurry and pay those bills. More frequent power outages in my neighborhood this week than usual. A few hours last night and is currently off again today. Another interruption earlier in the week. It would be nice if Ede would host a status page on their websites to document interruptions that are not covered by the published weekly maintenance schedule. Big difference being out for a couple of hours or less and being out all day. It would be nice to know which scenario is in play.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Power went off 3 times yesterday in El Batey, Sosua and it just went off again. It's been about 30 minutes now. Power issues in Sosua are worse than they were 10 years ago.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Hurry and pay those bills. More frequent power outages in my neighborhood this week than usual. A few hours last night and is currently off again today. Another interruption earlier in the week. It would be nice if Ede would host a status page on their websites to document interruptions that are not covered by the published weekly maintenance schedule. Big difference being out for a couple of hours or less and being out all day. It would be nice to know which scenario is in play.
Ack, currently on batteries.

They have online status on their oficina virtual

You can see if your contract is without power, and very seldom they present an ETA

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Ack, currently on batteries.

They have online status on their oficina virtual

You can see if your contract is without power, and very seldom they present an ETA
Wanted to add more useful content, but lost everything due to 5 min. edit limit

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
At least it isn't just me. Yes, this reminds me of the days of Hippolito Mejia being in charge and Edenada. The representatives won't tell me what is really up. There is always another averilla...

My 6 year old Trojan T-105 batteries were toast long ago. I went shopping for more, and they are unobtanium at the moment. At least they last long enough for me to start the generator.

The only time there is an ETA is when they are doing "maintenance" and that never agrees with what happens. This is what the result is of letting the government run the power distribution, or anything commercial. For all the maintenance, it just gets worse.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Jjj. Same discussion as last year.
Do not agree with your arguments.

Have not changed my standpoint, last year has only enforced them. Boring to start that discussion again, but for all means, open the thread and I might add to it.

Boring sitting in the house most of the time:LOL::p

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Jjj. Same discussion as last year.
Do not agree with your arguments.

Have not changed my standpoint, last year has only enforced them. Boring to start that discussion again, but for all means, open the thread and I might add to it.

Boring sitting in the house most of the time:LOL::p

Could be the same discussion as last year because the same situation of Edenorte and the corruption and incompetence show up again. That is my best guess as to why history repeats itself in this case.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Sustained poor service quality and relatively high prices have induced theft through illegal connections and non-payment of electricity bills.

Less than 50% of the power produced on the island is ever paid for. Wiki needs to be updated.

Power is a complete loss of a business in the DR subsidized by the top 2 or 3 industries in the country.

It is truly amazing there is ANY power anywhere if you think about the reality.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The theft of power is much less than it was. Smart Meters and putting most transformers on poles helped to reduce theft by the common man.

As for businesses that steal power, that gets us back to the government running the power distribution scheme. Something that should NEVER happen.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
The theft of power is much less than it was. Smart Meters and putting most transformers on poles helped to reduce theft by the common man.

As for businesses that steal power, that gets us back to the government running the power distribution scheme. Something that should NEVER happen.
Ok windy, you were against the improvements that made it possible for the first time to deliver power 24/7 to everyone during the months of curfew. Remember? people who got increased hours with power complains about higher bills. Tough crowd

No, I will not post any more in this thread, as I said, boring

Reactions: Caonabo

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Have you paid your bill?

Maybe since they promised 24/7 to everyone, all circuits are equal when they cannot afford to buy capacity from the generators.

So now we rich ones are equally suffering with the poor barrio's.

Sorry, just joking. Won't happen again,
Never learned to shut up :LOL:

Reactions: Caonabo and drstock