HOMS doctor’s office building and recommendation

Jan 17, 2009
Has anyone been to HOMS doctors’ building lately? Wondering how they’re handling crowds in elevators these days. I can do some flight of stairs, but would rather not do 8 or 9 up !

In any event, I need to see an orthopedic surgeon. Any recommendations at HOMS or somewhere in the POP area? Looks like I developed tendonitis in both shoulders just a month apart, super painful at night. Have dealt with this for the last two months now because of the pandemic, not wanting to expose my 60+ y.o. body to the virus, but I can’t continue with this pain. Took every painkiller I could get my hands on, and nothing worked.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Has anyone been to HOMS doctors’ building lately? Wondering how they’re handling crowds in elevators these days. I can do some flight of stairs, but would rather not do 8 or 9 up !

In any event, I need to see an orthopedic surgeon. Any recommendations at HOMS or somewhere in the POP area? Looks like I developed tendonitis in both shoulders just a month apart, super painful at night. Have dealt with this for the last two months now because of the pandemic, not wanting to expose my 60+ y.o. body to the virus, but I can’t continue with this pain. Took every painkiller I could get my hands on, and nothing worked.
I understand your plight. I had the same in both hips; thought they were both fractured..... took all the pain killers only to see the BP go too high. Then I took Tumeric with pepper and a week later the pain seems gone. Could also be that whatever was going on has subsided anyway. One never knows.

Reactions: Expat-in-Cabarete

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I was just there yesterday.

Building: Professional 8th Floor.

From the parking lot you will take the 2 part escalators up 2 flights,
Make a left at top, then right where you will be ray-gunned for your temperature.

MASKS ARE REQUIRED

In the big room with the elevators, they have it marked off for people to stand as in a corral(sp).

Each elevator has marked spots for passengers to stand. (5?)

Hint, it's h*ll getting an elevator coming back down, as they are filled a lot.
(Look across from the 3 elevators, there is a single one, you will have better luck there.)

NOTE: in getting back to the escalator to go down, there are 2 floors, the top one, the escalator was not running, had to walk down that half.

Jan 17, 2009
Thank you! Been there many times thus my concern with the elevators! You give me good news if only 5 at a time, but I can imagine how long the wait line was. Coming back i can do the stairs, not so bad. Upstairs is harder.

I was just there yesterday.

Building: Professional 8th Floor.

From the parking lot you will take the 2 part escalators up 2 flights,
Make a left at top, then right where you will be ray-gunned for your temperature.

MASKS ARE REQUIRED

In the big room with the elevators, they have it marked off for people to stand as in a corral(sp).

Each elevator has marked spots for passengers to stand. (5?)

Hint, it's h*ll getting an elevator coming back down, as they are filled a lot.
(Look across from the 3 elevators, there is a single one, you will have better luck there.)

NOTE: in getting back to the escalator to go down, there are 2 floors, the top one, the escalator was not running, had to walk down that half.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Going up, the line (Circle) was moving fast, hardly much of a wait, time I was there was 10:50 am.

Looks like staff uses that "Single" elevator and the customers kinda ignores it.

A staff member called me over to it when i was waiting for the others that always were filled.

I guess my "Senior Status" came in handy.

Jan 17, 2009
Thanks, Russell. If tumeric worked that was likely bursitis needing an anti inflammatory. I had that in one hip long ago. This feels different, more like throbbing pain and only at night. Online research points to tendonitis, which commonly in bed. I would try tumeric and pepper though. Anything to get rid of this pain. Did you buy pills here?

I understand your plight. I had the same in both hips; thought they were both fractured..... took all the pain killers only to see the BP go too high. Then I took Tumeric with pepper and a week later the pain seems gone. Could also be that whatever was going on has subsided anyway. One never knows.

Jan 17, 2009
I think my white hair and wrinkles will do the trick too!! Great, appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Going up, the line (Circle) was moving fast, hardly much of a wait, time I was there was 10:50 am.

Looks like staff uses that "Single" elevator and the customers kinda ignores it.

A staff member called me over to it when i was waiting for the others that always were filled.

I guess my "Senior Status" came in handy.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Thanks, Russell. If tumeric worked that was likely bursitis needing an anti inflammatory. I had that in one hip long ago. This feels different, more like throbbing pain and only at night. Online research points to tendonitis, which commonly in bed. I would try tumeric and pepper though. Anything to get rid of this pain. Did you buy pills here?
I make my own capsules I take pure turmeric spice and mix in 10% by volume fresh ground black pepper into the turmeric ,,,, but you could make a shake with anything and drink a teaspoon full with a meal so it digests.
My hips only hurt when I went to bed then I thought that I has fractured them,,,, sharp pains for sure. Now Pain free.... look it up on the Inet....its all there.
Good luck.

Sep 22, 2009
I make my own capsules I take pure turmeric spice and mix in 10% by volume fresh ground black pepper into the turmeric ,,,, but you could make a shake with anything and drink a teaspoon full with a meal so it digests.
My hips only hurt when I went to bed then I thought that I has fractured them,,,, sharp pains for sure. Now Pain free.... look it up on the Inet....its all there.
Good luck.
I cook at least 3 times a week with cinnamon tumeric ginger . Plus tea of fresh ginger and tumeric. When I miss it, my system feels it.

Jan 17, 2009
Thanks.for sharing your receipt. I'll give a try.

Good luck.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I cook at least 3 times a week with cinnamon tumeric ginger . Plus tea of fresh ginger and tumeric. When I miss it, my system feels it.
Turmeric is a great anti inflammatory , however if you mix it with 10% black pepper it increases the potency by as much as 2000 times....
I love those three ingredient they are all so powerful.... I also take moringa daily.... I grow it here in Luperon for my own use.

Jan 17, 2009
I haven't figure out how to cook with ginger. I like it but never get the amount right. Cinnamon stick I do in my coffee almost every morning.

Tea of ginger and tumeric? Doesn't it taste awful? Do you boil a bit of ginger and add a teaspoon of Tumeric, something like that ?

QUOTE="El Rey de Mangu, post: 5527323, member: 46640"]
[/QUOTE]

Sep 22, 2009
I haven't figure out how to cook with ginger. I like it but never get the amount right. Cinnamon stick I do in my coffee almost every morning.

Tea of ginger and tumeric? Doesn't it taste awful? Do you boil a bit of ginger and add a teaspoon of Tumeric, something like that ?

Fresh smashed ginger and cinnamon sticks first. Boil generously. Later add green tea bags, tumeric and lime or lemon right at end. I use honey or brown sugar. You get used to it

Sometimes I add half an onion.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

[/QUOTE]
We make a tea of ginger, turmeric, lemon, honey cinamon and a bay leaf. Tastes great.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I seldom make the tea, but use copious amounts of cinnamon and Ginger in my food . I also like raw ginger , My oatmeal breakfast has cinnamon, Ginger and cayenne (a pinch), sometimes turmeric.
You should read the medicinal benefits of Turmeric / pepper on the internet. Really good reports.
As a hobby for the past 40 years I have been studying the benefits of natural herbs and plants as traditional alternative medicines ..... I have no idea if my immune system can ward off CV-19 ... and I am not dumb enough to test the thin ice on that one. I still believe in the sciences of medicine as well.
Only time will tell on this one.
Russell

Reactions: bob saunders
Jan 17, 2009
Thank you all for your great advice. The only ortho doctor I was able to find is at CMC in Cabarete, and Ím going today to at least confirm my self-diagnosis of tendonitis.

Just a warning as to how I think I got this. This same doc treatment for a hematoma in my elbow that he had to remove surgically, then told me to take antibiotics for 10 days. On Day 6, shoulder pain started in left arm, 4 weeks later on right rm too. Research points to the antibiotic, that has a box warning in the US at least of causing tendonitis in patients over 60, confirmed on NIH website, as well as case studies on other scientific sites. Name of this antibiotic LEVANOL.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I had a doctor tell me once not to read the pamphlet that would be with my medication when I picked it up.

Reactions: Russell

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thank you all for your great advice. The only ortho doctor I was able to find is at CMC in Cabarete, and Ím going today to at least confirm my self-diagnosis of tendonitis.

Just a warning as to how I think I got this. This same doc treatment for a hematoma in my elbow that he had to remove surgically, then told me to take antibiotics for 10 days. On Day 6, shoulder pain started in left arm, 4 weeks later on right rm too. Research points to the antibiotic, that has a box warning in the US at least of causing tendonitis in patients over 60, confirmed on NIH website, as well as case studies on other scientific sites. Name of this antibiotic LEVANOL.
I recommend that you make an appointment with Dr Fredrico A Bonnely Thomen at Union Medica in Santiago. 809 226 8686 ext 4-411