Cost per metro in el Cibao

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve posted but here we go!

The Old family house is ready for another upgrade.. I’d like add a 2nd floor to the house and wanna get some ballpark of what the cost per metro is going for these days to make a decent 2 / 3 apartment on top of an existing house.
Nothing fancy, just a nice place to lay my head when I go back and forth to DR.

I have no idea how how this works so any info, help, advice or feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and STAY HEALTHY!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
As costs vary a lot depending on materials and the honesty of your builder, as well as if you are there to make sure everything is not stolen....etc. The importance of finding a good construction maestro is as important, if not more important than price. Here is a little article for you to read to get an idea of costs. So many variables involved. https://www.kiskeyalife.com/how-much-would-it-cost-to-build-a-house-in-the-dominican-republic/

thanks, I will take a look right now.

E.Alcequiez

May 24, 2020
Santo Domingo
As costs vary a lot depending on materials and the honesty of your builder, as well as if you are there to make sure everything is not stolen....etc. The importance of finding a good construction maestro is as important, if not more important than price. Here is a little article for you to read to get an idea of costs. So many variables involved. https://www.kiskeyalife.com/how-much-would-it-cost-to-build-a-house-in-the-dominican-republic/

Bob, thank you very much for sharing the article, I wrote it, I could see from the panel of my website the link to this page.
To give you a more direct answer I will summarize it, it is recommended that you invite your builder to inspect the structure of the first level of the house.

If everything is in good condition regarding beams and columns then that is a great saving.

Anyway, to contribute to the subject with updated information, I would say that a very close approximation for the construction he wants would be 15,000 RD$ per M2, that using materials of acceptable quality...the prices of materials have risen a lot these days because of the rise of the dollar and the pandemic issue.

Anyway, for those who are interested in the information, visit the link of the topic, there is more detailed information, and thank you very much again.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve posted but here we go!

The Old family house is ready for another upgrade.. I’d like add a 2nd floor to the house and wanna get some ballpark of what the cost per metro is going for these days to make a decent 2 / 3 apartment on top of an existing house.
Nothing fancy, just a nice place to lay my head when I go back and forth to DR.

I have no idea how how this works so any info, help, advice or feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and STAY HEALTHY!!
Hi. That’s not a big deal. For a 100m2 count 20.000 US.

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
Bob, thank you very much for sharing the article, I wrote it, I could see from the panel of my website the link to this page.
To give you a more direct answer I will summarize it, it is recommended that you invite your builder to inspect the structure of the first level of the house.

If everything is in good condition regarding beams and columns then that is a great saving.

Anyway, to contribute to the subject with updated information, I would say that a very close approximation for the construction he wants would be 15,000 RD$ per M2, that using materials of acceptable quality...the prices of materials have risen a lot these days because of the rise of the dollar and the pandemic issue.

Anyway, for those who are interested in the information, visit the link of the topic, there is more detailed information, and thank you very much again.

Thanks so much for your input, I truly appreciate it! The estimate you gave, does that include Things like doors, fixtures, tiles, toilets , sinks and so forth or just raw space/ structure?

Please let me know, thanks!

E.Alcequiez

May 24, 2020
Santo Domingo
Thanks so much for your input, I truly appreciate it! The estimate you gave, does that include Things like doors, fixtures, tiles, toilets , sinks and so forth or just raw space/ structure?

Please let me know, thanks!
The estimated cost per M2 includes everything from materials to labor, it's like dividing the total cost of construction by the length of the house.

Reactions: mekkizm

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
f you want a peso/dollar figure, think in the range of about between US$900/$1,000 m2 (RD$45,000--55,000) for a second floor construction job.
It costs a lot more to go up just one story.

That's from a Civil Engineer, who does this all the time (Constructora Teddy--in Santiago and elsewhere)

HB

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
f you want a peso/dollar figure, think in the range of about between US$900/$1,000 m2 (RD$45,000--55,000) for a second floor construction job.
It costs a lot more to go up just one story.

That's from a Civil Engineer, who does this all the time (Constructora Teddy--in Santiago and elsewhere)

HB

thanks for the feedback but that’s the highest range I’ve heard all this time... That must be for some really high end work!