X Box or Playstation

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Looking to purchase a current edition of either an X Box or PlayStation in Santiago........
Haven't owned one for many years so have no idea of what is what........
It will be used primarily by a 6 and 7 year old, little girls of which I am their Padrino.......
Need to know differences of ease of operation, pricing of units, games , and availability of games suited for their age bracket.
And where it is sold in Santiago, I guess the whole 9 yards.......
Any help is greatly appreciated.........

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
That's a tough choice. I have both and use them primarily as blu ray players. Of all the games I have seen for either, none are suitable for young children.
I'm not even sure that they make many as the target customers seem to be 12 year old males and older.
If you decide on Xbox get Grand Theft Auto 5 for yourself. It's violent, vulgar and just plain silly. I got it when I went into self isolation. It kept me busy and I beat it.
As far as easy of operation I preferred the PlayStation system. It seemed to load quicker and needed less updates.
Good luck with your search and hope you can find some kids games.

Reactions: waytogo
Jan 9, 2004
That's a tough choice. I have both and use them primarily as blu ray players. Of all the games I have seen for either, none are suitable for young children.
I'm not even sure that they make many as the target customers seem to be 12 year old males and older.
If you decide on Xbox get Grand Theft Auto 5 for yourself. It's violent, vulgar and just plain silly. I got it when I went into self isolation. It kept me busy and I beat it.
As far as easy of operation I preferred the PlayStation system. It seemed to load quicker and needed less updates.
Good luck with your search and hope you can find some kids games.

According to the cutting edge younger generation..........Xbox and Playstation are thought of like Facebook.............and they have moved on from all of them.

Nintendo Switch and its progeny ares now the most requested and talked about gaming system in their universe.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
OK, is it sold here in Santiago and are games available for children ?
I have no intention of ever using it myself.
I assume no problem it will work on a 55'' LCD Sony..........

Jan 9, 2004
OK, is it sold here in Santiago and are games available for children ?
I have no intention of ever using it myself.
I assume no problem it will work on a 55'' LCD Sony..........

Not sure who in Santiago might have it ( Pricesmart (809) 336-1999 ?).

Games are available for children.

It can be used as a handheld or as a home game console in conjunction with a large screen.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
For a 6 or 7 year old I wouldn't go with a current edition....... you could probably get a PS3 and all the works ( like wireless/vibrating joypads, 2 memory cards ) + 20 games for 150$ or less.
And a current edition doesn't stay current for more than 2 years.

As for santiago, no idea, i would check internet sites for 2nd hand.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
My son got a PS4 for Christmas but for a 6 or 7 year old, I believe it s a little young.
Also, will they have access to a dedicated TV ? Mine did because I had just replaced mine, if not it may have been a problem.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I guess with many saying their too young, I guess it will be bicycles and a pool........
Anything to break their boredom.......

Jan 9, 2004
I guess with many saying their too young, I guess it will be bicycles and a pool........
Anything to break their boredom.......

There is nothing wrong with either a pool or bicycles........both are good gifts.

That having been said, today's youngsters are very tech savvy...........or adapt to tech quite quickly................couple a good system (Xbox/Playstation/Nintendo Switch with educational games at first for learning and you have a system that can both entertain and educate and grow with the child's interests

As an aside, grammar school kids here (ages 5-11) on lock down due to the coronavirus are doing school work on Chromebooks.............do not under estimate how fast this generation adapts to and uses technology.......when given the opportunity.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
It will be used primarily by a 6 and 7 year old, little girls of which I am their Padrino.......

Had the same dilemma too as Tio to 3 ..... 2 girls and a boy.....9, 7 and 5 .
Bought a PS4 ...and it caused more trouble than it was worth ..for the parents... with the kids arguing over games , TV etc

Took the PS4 away....bought 3 Android tablets....all under $50 ...worked out cheaper than PS4.....each had their own ...and ...oh the peace !!

Ask the girls which they prefer ...PS to share ...or their own tablet ...and you may have your answer.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Already bought them 2 tablets, they love them and they use all the time........
I just love to spoil them, they're precious to me......

• Love
Reactions: Africaida