Some Kind of Special Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
OK where do they find the morons to do bagging in Playero ? Don't they train them slightly ?
I bought a hot roasted chicken which the dumb f*ck put in a funda on top of the Hershey bar and then on top of that he put somecold yogurt, and a bag of Oreos.

Then he bagged 6 Presidentes in cans, with 6 Ginger Ales, also in cans all in one bag (not double bagged), sure the cans look similar, but 12 cans in a single bag ? ! Of course it ripped open on the way to the car and split two cans of Ginger Ale.
And the Hersey bar melted, naturally,.... it was under a hot bag of chicken, duh ?
Next time i am going to insist on bagging myself or at least supervise the bag boy. Playero - Train those monkeys !
And on top of that I had given the dumsh*t a 50 peso tip before I realized what sloppy bagging job he'd done.
Maybe my fault for thinking he knew how to bag, a really complicated job !
Sloppy bagging = $0 future tips

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I feel your pain. Never was my favorite place to shop.
Maybe he just didn't like gringos

I occasionally shops there, guess he were unlucky or their staff has become morons as he wrote

But I always watch my stuff more or less, shit can happen

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
It's many of the people bagging, not just those at Playero.

I always watch how and what they bag.
Many times I had to stop the person bagging from putting hot and cold items in the same bag.

Another thing they fail to comprehend, not to put glass containers together in the same bag without something to keep them from hitting together and breaking while being transported.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
...and who doesn't love the "Store Brand T-shirt Bag Knot Tying Competition".

I think the record is 5 knots in one plastic grocery bag.
Tieing knot is friggin annoying can’t even save bags or sanity ..really never had bagging up issue guess it’s luck of draw ...these baggers know who tips and who stiffs down to art form ..

Reactions: chico bill
Aug 21, 2007
My solution is simple. As I walk up to the cashier, I tell the bagger to please put all the cold things together because I live far away. I tell him to put heavy things in 2 bags, but not to make them too heavy so they are hard for me to carry. I smile. Am kind. And they always follow my directions. I make a point to say thank you, have a good day when they put items in my car. Using this method, I never am disappointed. They are just kids and they must learn. I can help them learn. I always feel better handling things such as this with kindness and understanding. I feel better about myself this way.

Sep 22, 2009
OK where do they find the morons to do bagging in Playero ? Don't they train them slightly ?
I bought a hot roasted chicken which the dumb f*ck put in a funda on top of the Hershey bar and then on top of that he put somecold yogurt, and a bag of Oreos.

Then he bagged 6 Presidentes in cans, with 6 Ginger Ales, also in cans all in one bag (not double bagged), sure the cans look similar, but 12 cans in a single bag ? ! Of course it ripped open on the way to the car and split two cans of Ginger Ale.
And the Hersey bar melted, naturally,.... it was under a hot bag of chicken, duh ?
Next time i am going to insist on bagging myself or at least supervise the autistic bag boy. Playero - Train those monkeys !
And on top of that I had given the dumsh*t a 50 peso tip before I realized what sloppy bagging job he'd done.
Maybe my fault for thinking he knew how to bag, a really complicated job !
Sloppy bagging = $0 future tips
i always work with the bag kid to make sure stuff gets packed properly. maybe you were rappin with a young mami and things got passed your normal level of consciousness and responsibility

Reactions: zoomzx11 and etolw

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
My solution is simple. As I walk up to the cashier, I tell the bagger to please put all the cold things together because I live far away. I tell him to put heavy things in 2 bags, but not to make them too heavy so they are hard for me to carry. I smile. Am kind. And they always follow my directions. I make a point to say thank you, have a good day when they put items in my car. Using this method, I never am disappointed. They are just kids and they must learn. I can help them learn. I always feel better handling things such as this with kindness and understanding. I feel better about myself this way.

Hopefully you tip too. I'm convinced they need the $.

Sep 22, 2009
since when is treating people like human beings termed a "method" This sounds like self-interest disguised as empathy. Don't worry, though, there's plenty of gringo communities full of this

• Sad
Reactions: bienamor

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
When I was 17 & 18 I bagged, and I learned the first day that you don't overload bags, meat and ice cream are bagged separately and dog food in it's own bag and for chrissakes never hot mixed with cold - No it isn't because thy are just kids - it's because they are waterheads with zero training, mal educacion, and they don't give a shyte.
From now on the tips will be few and far between from me at Playero

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
i always work with the bag kid to make sure stuff gets packed properly. maybe you were rappin with a young mami and things got passed your normal level of consciousness and responsibility
No I was watching to make sure the cashier charged the right amounts, no mamacita involved. But, even if you are not paying attention to the bagging-buffoon they need to bag in a respectful manner with some order.
I think we should all mention this to Playero management (if they even care).
Jumbo does a slightly better job - more professional baggers, as does La Serena

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I place the items on the conveyor belt in the order that I wish them to go into a bag. Heavy bottles and cans first, meats/packaged foods then bread chips and other squishables last. You do need to be a chameleon, one eye on the price being scanned and one eye on the bagger. There is a glimmer of understanding in some of them, but not in all of them.

Sep 22, 2009
I place the items on the conveyor belt in the order that I wish them to go into a bag. Heavy bottles and cans first, meats/packaged foods then bread chips and other squishables last. You do need to be a chameleon, one eye on the price being scanned and one eye on the bagger. There is a glimmer of understanding in some of them, but not in all of them.
Them. Interesting.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
We did use our own bags and was easy to direct the boys. STILL easy going back to plastic. Good service and car loading and some times two of them. They have NO idea if we will tip or not. They are not paid by the store and work ONLY for tips.

Get a life guys! Get real about others.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
We did use our own bags and was easy to direct the boys. STILL easy going back to plastic. Good service and car loading and some times two of them. They have NO idea if we will tip or not. They are not paid by the store and work ONLY for tips.

Get a life guys! Get real about others.

As real as it gets - they are idiots. Let's not sugar coat it to be "politically correct". When you make excuses for blatant stupidity you promulgate it.

A good bagger , who is polite, might get bigger tips or get noticed by Playero and move into a paid position.

If they are depending on tips for income then you would think they would learn how to bag efficiently and protect customers' food and thereby make bigger tips.
In the future I will keep my eye on them and force them aside, especially the one today - he won't touch my groceries again.
And what kind of dunce puts a hot roasted chicken on top of a Hershey bar ? At 7 years old, without instructions, I would have known better than that.
He is a fool with no glimmer of advancing in life. Probably being a bag boy is the pinnacle of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.