Airport screening works, 14 on a flight from Madrid test positive

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Pasajeros-desde-España-Turama-e1591106037216.jpg

Rapid response blood tests carried out to passengers of flight Air Europa special repatriation flight UX389 resulted in the detection of 14 passengers arriving with Covid-19. The passengers flew from Madrid to Santo Domingo on 25 May 2020. Upon arrival to Las Americas International, they were subject to the tests before being admitted to the country, as reported on Turama. There were 199 pasengers onboard. Of these, 57 carried a certificate that they had tested negative in PCR tests carried out in Spanish hospitals.

The Dominican travelers were allowed to enter the country, although they will have to comply with a mandatory 14-day preventive quarantine at their homes.

Read more in Spanish:

Turama

2 June 2020

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Seems like closing the barn door after the horses got out, i would think the responsible thing to do is have the whole flight of people on quarantine, or have them come back for a re-test in a couple days, and don't just quarantine the 14 lucky ones and call it a day.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Seems like closing the barn door after the horses got out, i would think the responsible thing to do is have the whole flight of people on quarantine, or have them come back for a re-test in a couple days, and don't just quarantine the 14 lucky ones and call it a day.
If I was King with powers, I would have returned the flight to be quarantined.

No, just joking. It is the locals coming home.

Bad move Madrid

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
El Club de Aduanas brings memories.

I understand they still use plastic gloves