Dr. Bob, RIP

Dale Albert Johnson

May 13, 2020
Anacortes
Dr. Bob was a man who cared about ALL life...not only animals but people and things that matter. He was passionate about education, culture, children, science, and medicine. A great soul!!!

Reactions: BermudaRum

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Dr. Bob made vet care easy, Anything easy is a rarity in his country. He will be greatly missed. The light in Sousa burns more dimly now.

zoey_kat

Feb 2, 2007
RIP Dr. Bob, you were the best! He cared so much about all the animals he treated and will be sorely missed. Condolences to all of his family and friends.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Such sad news. The community has lost a legend. He will be missed by many four and two legged friends.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Not to encourage the vultures but here's hoping another gringo vet takes up residence and carries on the tradition in the not too distant future. Maybe some of the animal rescue operations could have someone suitable in mind.

Reactions: colmcb

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Although technically he was a doctor of veterinary medicine, he also treated many, many poor people, particularly Haitians, who had no other access to any kind of health care. He also assisted many Haitians trying to get documents for regularizacion, which was not an easy task.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
He took such good care of my cat. He was such a good guy. I was saddened to read this this morning.

RIP Dr. Bob

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not to encourage the vultures but here's hoping another gringo vet takes up residence and carries on the tradition in the not too distant future. Maybe some of the animal rescue operations could have someone suitable in mind.
I did not know the man well at all, but after hearing the outpouring of praise and adoration for the man, I cannot realistically expect anyone to fill his shoes, let alone a gringo with a veterinary degree to come into the DR and do so.

My condolences to all his friends and family.

Reactions: Russell

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Agreed Dr. Bob can't be replaced pre se but the service he provided is greatly needed in this area. It would be a big help to the community if another English speaking Vet set up a practice. There are so few choices for quality pet care. Now there is one less. And this is a big loss, the impact of which will be painful for both owners and beloved pets.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
There are so many organizations offering help to animals. I'd far more like to see someone to take up Dr. Bob's mantle for humans.