Protocols in place in Punta Cana hotels

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Supervision-Covid-Punta-Cana-MITUR.jpg

The Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Public Health are supervising the implementation of the new health protocols in resorts around the country. Inspectors said the reopened Fantasia and Ambar resorts of the Bahia Principe hotel chain in Punta Cana were among the first to be supervised by the new program.

Genaro Benítez, director of operations for Bahía Príncipe, said that the protocols follow the new global standards for hotels around the world. Ernesto Veloz, president of the Association of Hotels and Tourism Projects in the East (Asoleste) said that the resorts in the Punta Cana-Bavaro area have been gradually reopening.

Read more in Spanish:MITUR

15 July 2020

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 15, 2006
www.villasmarlena.com
Are the protocols being followed, the same as The World Tourism and Travel Council protocols?
All well and fine, but what are the employees doing when they are not working??? That's the issue. Out in the rivers and colmados with no mask or social distance... it's a disaster waiting to happen in a place where 30% tested are positive

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
All well and fine, but what are the employees doing when they are not working??? That's the issue. Out in the rivers and colmados with no mask or social distance... it's a disaster waiting to happen in a place where 30% tested are positive
And the tourists arriving from the USA they are the only one's arriving in the DR, I'm glad I have chosen another island this year for winter, first time in 11 years I will not spend winter in Punta Cana. I don't want to be rubbing shoulders with infected Dominicans and USA residents just not worth my hard earned money.
If things continue as they are I think the European travel companies will cancel this year too, they are not sending tourists till at least November, I think they are waiting and seeing.

Reactions: sylviamcginnis