President Medina cops out of inaugural

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Discurso-Danilo-Medina-Covid-Listin-Diario-e1584548298615.jpeg

Administrative Minister of the Presidency José Ramón Peralta confirmed that President Danilo Medina will not personally hand over the presidential sash to President-elect Luis Abinader. Instead, Medina will attend a private act at the National Assembly room where he will hand over the presidential sash to Santiago senator Eduardo Estrella. And then he will leave the National Assembly before the change of command ceremony.

Earlier in the morning, the elected senators will vote for Estrella to preside over the Senate. Estrella ran for the Dominicans for Change (DxC) minority party, but backed the Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM) and its presidential candidate Luis Abinader. As planned, Estrella will then return to the main hall of the National Assembly to place the sash on President-elect Luis Abinader on the morning of 16 August 2020. For the first...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Well at least he's (Medina) consistent, he never showed up after his two Inaugural days either (n)

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I am very disappointed by these actions of President Danilo Medina.
There is no reason as to not pass the torch onward and forward with respect, and dignity.
He will be remembered for petty actions as such. Not the good he achieved in 8 years in office.
Sad.

Sep 22, 2009
There is no reason as to not pass the torch onward and forward with respect, and dignity.
He will be remembered for petty actions as such. Not the good he achieved in 8 years in office.
Sad.
A common thug

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
Sad.
He has only 4 days to hide the bodies and money before its to late , be gentle on the corrupt little man his retirement depends on it.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
While shopping for some fresh fruit this afternoon, I overheard some persons discussing this Danilo exit stage left situation, which is being widely debated.
It seems an added twist running rampant amongst the chismosos of society speculating, is that Danilo may be insulted, or some say embarrassed that US of A Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will be attending the inauguration of President-elect Luis Abinader, and does not wish to be in his presence. This comes following Pompeo's private phone call a while back when Danilo was indeed testing the waters of possibly changing the constitution to allow him to run for a third term, which he obviously ultimately did not.
True or not? I do not know, as I was only purchasing fresh fruit this afternoon.

*Disclaimer: The above is not solely a US of A political reference, but rather an RD/US joint political topic response to this thread line, as it does apply.

Sep 22, 2009
While shopping for some fresh fruit this afternoon, I overheard some persons discussing this Danilo exit stage left situation, which is being widely debated.
It seems an added twist running rampant amongst the chismosos of society speculating, is that Danilo may be insulted, or some say embarrassed that US of A Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will be attending the inauguration of President-elect Luis Abinader, and does not wish to be in his presence. This comes following Pompeo's private phone call a while back when Danilo was indeed testing the waters of possibly changing the constitution to allow him to run for a third term, which he obviously ultimately did not.
True or not? I do not know, as I was only purchasing fresh fruit this afternoon.

*Disclaimer: The above is not solely a US of A political reference, but rather an RD/US joint political topic response to this thread line, as it does apply.
I love some good scoop!

Reactions: KyleMackey

user123

Aug 16, 2017
...He will be remembered for petty actions as such. Not the good he achieved in 8 years in office...

What good? Visitas sorpresa 🤣 ? Botellas like FONPER and thousands of others? His brother becoming a multi-millionaire? Punta Catalina? Not having the balls to sack Margarita and her 200 botellas? Doing zero about Odebrecht... 😂

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
What good? Visitas sorpresa 🤣 ? Botellas like FONPER and thousands of others? His brother becoming a multi-millionaire? Punta Catalina? Not having the balls to sack Margarita and her 200 botellas? Doing zero about Odebrecht... 😂

New schools and housing developments, and of course, looking the other way while you overstayed your 30 day tourist card.

user123

Aug 16, 2017
New schools and housing developments, and of course, looking the other way while you overstayed your 30 day tourist card.

New schools? I guess if you don't look any deeper into it constructing the building is an achievement. Now the school equipment, hiring the teachers, the buildings falling apart only after a few years... 👏👏👏

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
New schools? I guess if you don't look any deeper into it constructing the building is an achievement. Now the school equipment, hiring the teachers, the buildings falling apart only after a few years... 👏👏👏

Yes, new schools. I am sure the students appreciate them.
Have you contributed much to the RD? Just asking.