What percentage does a Sosua real estate agent charge.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
No, especially in this times. No rules, negotiate.

I ended up buying direct from owner, the amount of money the agent wanted was not justifyable regarding the amount of work involved.

• Love
Reactions: Caonabo

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
5 minute edit rule, yeah...

No, especially in these times. No rules, negotiate.

I ended up buying direct from owner, the amount of money the agent wanted was not justifyable regarding the amount of work involved. I believe the seller handed over some money to the agent, who might have been somewhat pissed off.
Only work the agent did for me was opening the doors once when I wanted to have a look at the house I had found.

• Love
Reactions: Caonabo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Every sale I have done here I negotiated the rate. I averaged around 3%. Agents don't sell every day (or week, or month, or year for that matter) and the ones I have dealt with were all believers of "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

Reactions: CristoRey

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
They charge you whatever you allow.............. that simple

You are 100% correct ww.
This topic would fit perfectly, right within the "scam" thread line currently active.
While it is easy and fitting to take issue with the Dominican fraudsters at hand, NEVER close an eye to the foreign nationals who wish to "help" you with these processes as well.

Reactions: jstarebel

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Average is 5 to 7 on a residence. I work with one developer that pays 7. Sometimes with bare land, it goes to 8 or 10.
But everything is negotiable.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have reported before....

Balcones del Atlantico, phase 1 , Las Terrenas...

Not one real estate agent involved and the project sold out before the shovels were delivered.
All high end SD'ers.... who knew the toll road was coming

Being 'wired' is a plus

Reactions: JD Jones

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Not one real estate agent involved and the project sold out before the shovels were delivered.

Being 'wired' is a plus

Always is.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

Being 'wired' is a plus

Where I used to live in Colinas del Oeste in west SD it was the same situation. Excellent quality of construction (I daresay U.S. standards) so when then started building more they were sold before they went up.

Reactions: etolw

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The Bisono family.... they had been commercial bldgs.... LT was their first foray into residential

I met them when looking for property in 2008
Subsequent to that 1st small project - they went BIG down towards Portillo

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Two years ago I were interested in a nice villa built with high standards here i Cabarete. Owner wanted 280k and I made an offer through the agent for 220k, to start the negotiating prosess. The owner did not respond in any manner. I ended up buying something else which I am happy for today because my current home better suits my needs.

The owner has now lowered his price, selling for 230k. I was willing to go up to 240k for that property.

The villa has now been on sale for at least 4 years, maybe 6 and still are.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
The Bisono family.... they had been commercial bldgs.... LT was their first foray into residential

I met them when looking for property in 2008
Subsequent to that 1st small project - they went BIG down towards Portillo
Yes. The big guys even have their own block factories. Bisono has a big one, Codelpa is another.

FWIW, I know the owner of Codelpa. Another success story of a kid who became an engineer, got into construction, reached the point where he is building most of the hotels in Punta Cana and in other countries.

For those of you who say it's not possible. Hard work can lead to success.

Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Being 'wired' is a plus
"Wired" - That's why I drink 4 cups of coffee every morning, but it never helped me save money

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Two years ago I were interested in a nice villa built with high standards here i Cabarete. Owner wanted 280k and I made an offer through the agent for 220k, to start the negotiating prosess. The owner did not respond in any manner. I ended up buying something else which I am happy for today because my current home better suits my needs.

The owner has now lowered his price, selling for 230k. I was willing to go up to 240k for that property.

The villa has now been on sale for at least 4 years, maybe 6 and still are.
I know of a few expat houses (not super-desirable areas) that are listed that have been on the market since I first started coming to the North Coast - in 2003

Reactions: etolw

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
They charge you whatever you allow.............. that simple
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Anyone who´s lived here any amount
of time knows, be it a cup of coffee
or a new car, they always charge you
what they assume you´d be willing to pay.