Government to reduce curfew hours on 27 September

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Amet-Toque-de-Queda-Diario-Hispaniola-e1600866158116.jpg

The Ministry of Public Health announced during the 22 September coronavirus press conference that two more hours would be added to the weekday and weekend schedules once the present curfew expires on 27 September. The keeping of the reduced curfew will depend on if health variables continue to show the disease is under control.

Curfew as of Monday, 28 September will be from 9pm to 5am, from Monday to Friday and on weekends from 7pm to 5am. This would be applied nationwide. The current schedule is Monday through Friday from 7pm to 5am and Saturdays and Sundays from 5pm to 5am. In a select number of provinces, the curfew is from 8pm to 5am on weekdays.

Health Minister Plutarco Arias said during the 22 September coronavirus press conference that the experiences of other countries that have suffered new spikes of the disease after opening up needs to be...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NanSanPedro

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Two hours is better than none. I was hoping for 3 more at least. I think for tourists they would accept until 11 PM. Let's see if the government is serious to see tourism return ?
If they don't change again in a month then many of potential the tourists will make their winter plans elsewhere, even if it is a stay home vacations for their winter.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Two hours is better than none. I was hoping for 3 more at least. I think for tourists they would accept until 11 PM. Let's see if the government is serious to see tourism return ?
If they don't change again in a month then many of potential the tourists will make their winter plans elsewhere, even if it is a stay home vacations for their winter.

Mr. Bill,
You are only referring to a particular type of "tourist" that may necessitate the need to be out an about during extended hours.
I believe this administration's response was more in line with domestic travelers/vacationers, as opposed to foreign nationals visiting.
I really do not believe this extension of +2 hours has to do with the casual visitor to Zona Colonial or the whoremongers of Sosua.
More so, to address the internal conflicts that have been occurring with Dominicans who have, possess, and want to spend money visiting other locales within the nation, for the time being, until this Plandemic nonsense is behind us.
If your particular holdings rely on this former type of tourist, it well may be a while before you see the return to your level of expected normalcy.
For now, you will have to adapt and adjust. There are gains to be realized.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Does anyone really think the "tourist" know about things such as curfews here in the DR like us? We keep abreast of all things minute by minute because we live here. The "tourist" doesn't care about, or more importantly, know about things like "curfews". Believe me. I talk to many people in the states daily and their response to "we have curfews" is "whats dat"?

Reactions: David B

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Does anyone really think the "tourist" know about things such as curfews here in the DR like us? We keep abreast of all things minute by minute because we live here. The "tourist" doesn't care about, or more importantly, know about things like "curfews". Believe me. I talk to many people in the states daily and their response to "we have curfews" is "whats dat"?
Was on a packed plane recenty. First question out of every person's mouth i spoke with was "what happens if i get caught violating the curfew?" My answer? Don't.

Reactions: aarhus and Meat

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The big hitters - AI visitors - could care less about the curfew - no effect on them.

Sosua need 'delivery'....
Yes AI is big but there are thousands of hotels around the island who depend on outside tourism - the type of tourist looking to see more of the country than the AI bar and pool.
And that includes tourists & snowbirds who rent cars too. (Another hurting industry) And they go on zip lines, Brugal tours, waterfall and fishing trips and visit golf courses not adjacent to AIs and of course the Santo Domingo colonial district and the Switzerland of the Caribbean - Jarabacoa.
AI is not the only player in the economy. And their guests see almost nothing of the country except the bus trip from the airport to the hotel.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes AI is big but there are thousands of hotels around the island who depend on outside tourism - the type of tourist looking to see more of the country than the AI bar and pool.
And that includes tourists & snowbirds who rent cars too. (Another hurting industry) And they go on zip lines, Brugal tours, waterfall and fishing trips and visit golf courses not adjacent to AIs and of course the Santo Domingo colonial district and the Switzerland of the Caribbean - Jarabacoa.
AI is not the only player in the economy. And their guests see almost nothing of the country except the bus trip from the airport to the hotel.

Chico
the AI's organize a multitude of outings - off property... look it up

But evenings are usually inside , as I understand it.

As I said before even the airport staff at PUJ is AI dependent......
they carry the heaviest pail... IMO

Think of it -
who make the uniforms?
that's another industry helped by AI's
right down to the guy who picks the radish or the tomatoe for the buffet

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I concur. There are very few off resort excursions offered at night. Most AI guests are back in time for dinner and stay on the property until the next day's pre-booked excursion. So the curfew has a very limited effect on this type of tourist. Apart from night time walks on the beach which are usually short and few stray very far from the resort.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Chico
the AI's organize a multitude of outings - off property... look it up

But evenings are usually inside , as I understand it.

As I said before even the airport staff at PUJ is AI dependent......
they carry the heaviest pail... IMO

Think of it -
who make the uniforms?
that's another industry helped by AI's
right down to the guy who picks the radish or the tomatoe for the buffet
No argument from me that Ais boost the economy especially in their radius. Day tours can't take them too far
But very few of those guests rent cars or venture far on their own. I bet almost none take side trips to Jarabacoa, very few to the 27 waterfalls or do the motorcycle touring. I guess the Playa Dorado on the North Coast has tours to the Chocolate Factory and Brugal plant and also do a few Puerto Plata tours, but since Bahia Principe closed there is one less large AI doing business this side of the island.

Since when did they put an 'e' at the end of tomato for us Americans William ? You trying to be the next Dan Quayle ?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Was on a packed plane recenty. First question out of every person's mouth i spoke with was "what happens if i get caught violating the curfew?" My answer? Don't.
I imagine those that were packed on the plane were Dominicans in the know. They have daily contact with family on what sup and not the average AI person?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I wondered about that -- the 'e' - I seem to vary it by my mood

hahaha
no, they don't go far, the AI guests and their outside visits are controlled
See the scam thread for more details.... hehehe

That AI radius is big.... the vegetable farms .... it was posted here they consume +/- 30% of the crops

Reactions: CristoRey