Colombia clears flights to the Dominican Republic

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Airplane-JAC.jpg

Colombia announces it has authorized direct flights to the Dominican Republic to resume. On 19 September, aviation authorities in Colombia approved flights to resume from Cartagena to Fort Lauderdale in Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA.

Likewise, Colombia aviation authorities also announced on Monday, the authorization for direct flights from and to Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico and the Dominican Republic.Flights to and from Colombia had been suspended for around six months.

According to Worldometer, Colombia is in sixth place in total cases in the world, with a fatality rate of 478 per 1M inhabitants. The fatality rate of the DR per 1M inhabitants is 190.

Read more in Spanish:DW

22 September 2020

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I wouldn´t anticipate too many tourist
arriving from Colombia anytime soon.
They took a massive economic hit with
the way they put the country under 24hr
lock down. I heard a few days ago about
80% of the businesses in different parts
of the country are permanently closed.

Reactions: Tom0910

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I wouldn´t anticipate too many tourist
arriving from Colombia anytime soon.

They will not be majority tourists traveling, but rather so called business persons who are trying to balance the scales of their respective global businesses/trades/dealings, which have also taken a hit during this Plandemic.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
They are opening city by city with Cartagena first. I hear Medellin is slated to start opening Oct 1st for international flights. Cartagena is no longer on the 24/7 curfew but my friend who lives there tell me that now instead of the once a week ability to get out they are now on a every other day system based on even or odd last number in your cedula. He says that even though they don't have a curfew that the cops will hassle you if out after 10:00 p.m. After a 24/7 curfew since March it is surely not the same country.

Reactions: CristoRey

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
You are correct. I have residency and family in Colombia and closing down of everything there has set that country back 10-20 years economically and it will take many years to right the ship. Much has been said about the economic damage and inconvenience the nighttime curfew has caused in the DR,try a 24 hour curfew and only being able to go out once a week for essencials,brutal.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You are correct. I have residency and family in Colombia and closing down of everything there has set that country back 10-20 years economically and it will take many years to right the ship. Much has been said about the economic damage and inconvenience the nighttime curfew has caused in the DR,try a 24 hour curfew and only being able to go out once a week for essencials,brutal.
A Venezuelan friend of mine is living in Medellin and I know several Colombians
living in Barranquilla. It´s been hell for all of them. I feel bad for the people living there.

Reactions: Tom0910