BOCA CHICA or Juan Dolio - The capital

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Any suggestions on which may be a better option for an overnight stay? I was looking to book a hotel to stay at for one night as I'm landing in Punta cana , but heading to Santiago, with the curfew and time of arrival , no way I make it? After reading post about movie people getting shot at in jaun dolio and the mentioned increase in crime and etc in boca chica? I was just wondering is there anywhere "relatively" safe , we all know the world is not a safe place. Or would I be better off staying in the capital ? Open to suggestions as its a one night stay and just seeing which would be a better area ? No hotel references need. Thanks to all. in case someone tries to mention Frio Hot . lol

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I live in BC. I would recommend it. Hotels are cheap if you're not on the beach.

JD is dead to me. Been thru many times. Won't stop because there is no life there.

If you keep your nose and other body parts clean, crime is a non-issue here. Don't do a lot of bling either.

Also, the good thing about BC is you can take a guagua to the capital for $100 DOP. It drops you off at Enriquillo Park which is where the bus is for PC, $450 DOP. You literally walk 50 meters to get to the bus station. The waiting area has AC and is very comfortable. They also sell alleged food there too.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
I live in BC. I would recommend it. Hotels are cheap if you're not on the beach.

JD is dead to me. Been thru many times. Won't stop because there is no life there.

If you keep your nose and other body parts clean, crime is a non-issue here. Don't do a lot of bling either.

Also, the good thing about BC is you can take a guagua to the capital for $100 DOP. It drops you off at Enriquillo Park which is where the bus is for PC, $450 DOP. You literally walk 50 meters to get to the bus station. The waiting area has AC and is very comfortable. They also sell alleged food there too.
Thank you for the information , i will look into Boca chica , but I'm landing in Punta cana then to BC , SD or JD then heading to Santiago,

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto

LOL , the bling line made me laugh . I use a dollar store phone which even they won't want , even my shoes i use for certain occasions when there , i would only wear in my back yard and be embrassed if my neighbors saw . LOL . but thanks for the heads up .

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Juan Dolio is the equivalent to watching paint dry. Peaceful but extremely boring. Boca Chica is lively but keep your wits. Everyone is hustling there. Expect to be approached every 10 secs with someone hawking something.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Juan Dolio is the equivalent to watching paint dry. Peaceful but extremely boring. Boca Chica is lively but keep your wits. Everyone is hustling there. Expect to be approached every 10 secs with someone hawking something.
Thank you , seems picture perect , watching paint dry, sounds a lot better than the hustle buslte of BC. But again the only reasoning to stay in either place is curfew hours and not being able to drive to my destination in time . Plus a good nights sleep before the drive in the morning . Thanks

Reactions: Caonabo

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Thank you , seems picture perect , watching paint dry, sounds a lot better than the hustle buslte of BC. But again the only reasoning to stay in either place is curfew hours and not being able to drive to my destination in time . Plus a good nights sleep before the drive in the morning . Thanks
When I was travelling in that area many, many years ago, I did not like the filthy Boca Chica. Incredible prostitution and hustlers.

I went to Juan Dolio with my girlfriend, and I can assure you that the paint did not have any chanche to dry, perfect for me and much bigger waves in the Ocean. I liked JD a lot, the old part. Yes, you had to supply the entertainment/show yourself, easy peasy.

But things may have changed since that time, seems like JD are more and less the same

Reactions: MarJD

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
When I was travelling in that area many, many years ago, I did not like the filthy Boca Chica. Incredible prostitution and hustlers.

I went to Juan Dolio with my girlfriend, and I can assure you that the paint did not have any chanche to dry, perfect for me and much bigger waves in the Ocean. I liked JD a lot, the old part. Yes, you had to supply the entertainment/show yourself, easy peasy.
Yeah that's what I'm trying to avoid , and I'm leaning towards JD a lot more . i have been to BC 2-3 times , just pit stops . went to eat lunch "by the beach" saw shit floating in the water , I did not go in the water at anytime there thankfully and never ever will. I laugh at places that have pools or people who hang in , except in BC. Thanks for reaffirming what would be the better choice, game recognize game as you got the GF part without me saying it and prevents me from hearing it . LOL . Cheers mate

Reactions: MarJD and etolw

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
You could also stay at the Sheraton Four Points at PUJ, and wait until the morning to travel to Santiago. Expreso Bavaro runs every two hours to the capital from Veron, beginning at 7am.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Sounds exactly like the place I want to leave behind.(BC). I want a lot more of watching paint dry and not have having some AH that hasn't taken a good bath in days meddling in my affairs all day long. Sounds like a no brainer to me. :)

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

Not true. I live here and that is simply not even remotely true.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You could also stay at the Sheraton Four Points at PUJ, and wait until the morning to travel to Santiago. Expreso Bavaro runs every two hours to the capital from Veron, beginning at 7am.

FWIW
I think the one day travel option is the good one....

Stay put in PC and bite off trip the next day..........seamless

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Not true. I live here and that is simply not even remotely true.
What! You can't be serious. The section where the pelican beach club is peaceful and that's it. At night they put out the chairs and that's harassment city and during the day you're constantly hounded. "My frien My frien" these famous words you constantly hear in Boca.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
What! You can't be serious. The section where the pelican beach club is peaceful and that's it. At night they put out the chairs and that's harassment city and during the day you're constantly hounded. "My frien My frien" these famous words you constantly hear in Boca.

Hardly ever hear that. We must run in different circles.

After thinking a bit about this, it may very well be because I'm a regular and most know not to annoy me with silly shit. I also don't hang on the beach very often.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Hardly ever hear that. We must run in different circles.

After thinking a bit about this, it may very well be because I'm a regular and most know not to annoy me with silly shit. I also don't hang on the beach very often.
The guy asked about an overnight stay, he's going to be on the beach. As a resident going to like Andres and such can be peaceful but the beach is a madhouse. If he likes people watching and things like that Boca over Juan Dolio easy.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

The trick is to acknowledge them without speaking to them. A subtle headshake "no" and they usually won't bother you again.

Speak, and you've initiated a negotiating conversation.

Reactions: Garyexpat

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Any suggestions on which may be a better option for an overnight stay? I was looking to book a hotel to stay at for one night as I'm landing in Punta cana , but heading to Santiago, with the curfew and time of arrival , no way I make it? After reading post about movie people getting shot at in jaun dolio and the mentioned increase in crime and etc in boca chica? I was just wondering is there anywhere "relatively" safe , we all know the world is not a safe place. Or would I be better off staying in the capital ? Open to suggestions as its a one night stay and just seeing which would be a better area ? No hotel references need. Thanks to all. in case someone tries to mention Frio Hot . lol

BC of course. No question about it.

• Haha

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
The trick is to acknowledge them without speaking to them. A subtle headshake "no" and they usually won't bother you again.

Speak, and you've initiated a negotiating conversation.

Agreed. I say no in Dominican - ese. I just wave my index finger back and forth and they get the point and move on. I see guys in Sosua try to be nice and enter conversation and even though they don't buy they get in an extended conversation. There is one street guy I actually admire (NOT with me). He will always try to put one of his necklaces in the victims hands and make it tough for them to give back as he lowest the price several times. Part of the entertainment of people watching on P.C. in Sosua.