Will Kimberley Taveras be turned into a martyr?

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
She was very effective at what she put her heart and sold to. Kinsberly (Kimberly) Taveras graduated as a chemical engineer from the state university (UASD), moving on to politics, winning the city government of her small town, and then that of bigger town Pedro Brand. As a rising young star in the Modern Revolutionary Party, she worked hard to help the party win in the municipal, congressional, and presidential elections in 2020.

Meanwhile, she was also good in business. She just did what politicians throughout her lifetime have done: use their influence for personal gain.

She followed the example of other successful politician-entrepreneurs. Only now is she is being told what she has been doing violates the law.

It worked well for her. At 33 years old she has accumulated more than RD$77 million in assets thanks to a scheme of renting garbage trucks to other PRM city governments. Her two biggest clients are the city governments in Hato Mayor and Santo Domingo East...

Continue reading...

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Ignorance of the law is no excuse however I don't
think she deserves the amount of attention she's been
getting in the press lately. There are way more people
who have outright stolen millions of dollars from this
country. Small fish.
77 million ...small fish ...tell that to the people she represents

Reactions: JD Jones

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
felix bautista was a small fish one time....when he worked a bodega in New York.....small fish can become big sharks

Reactions: JD Jones

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
felix bautista was a small fish one time....when he worked a bodega in New York.....small fish can become big sharks
I know someone lives here in Santiago
who worked with him in that bodega.
I agree with you guys. They should be
going after each and everyone of these
people, big or small fish.