Dominican Cocaine Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
The drugs are everywhere...but is it just me, or has SFM been on the bad side of the news a lot within the past couple of years?
Nasty underbelly is right.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It doesn't matter where you are. Foreigners need to be vigilant and careful all the time. Angering a local can be bad karma indeed. Unrelated, locally, a couple on the pretense of adopting a cat went to a women's house and assaulted her before ransacking the house looking for goods to abscond with. Yesterday a group of 5, 3 adults and two children where observed walking through the neighborhood making the dogs bark and then counting how many dogs were seen at which houses. It's not good form to open your door to complete strangers even during the day and you definitely do not wish to awaken the vengeful and spiteful dragon that seems to live in a lot of people. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time is a very real possibility if you do not pay attention to your surroundings and those who are there with you. The bad reputation of some neighborhoods is well deserved in a lot of cases. One on one confrontation is not usually a good approach to problem resolution. Frequenting areas known for past problems not a very good idea. Seedy underbelly indeed.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just another example of how the failed war on drugs corrupts people because of the vast sums a money involved by keeping it illegal.
One state in the US just decriminalized hard drugs.... One small step in eliminating the failed war on drugs.

Cdn-Gringo points out the collateral damage the failed war on drugs has on ordinary people in his post above.

Reactions: Sailor51

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
SFM and Bani have long been the favorite towns of drug dealers. I believe SFM has a history of most native sons killed in NY due to drug wars.

It is a long known fact that only two things evolve from SFM......
1. Drug Dealers
2. Family of Drug Dealers
There are certain parts of the globe that are like this.
Here in RD, it happens to be SFM.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It doesn't matter where you are. Foreigners need to be vigilant and careful all the time. Angering a local can be bad karma indeed. Unrelated, locally, a couple on the pretense of adopting a cat went to a women's house and assaulted her before ransacking the house looking for goods to abscond with. Yesterday a group of 5, 3 adults and two children where observed walking through the neighborhood making the dogs bark and then counting how many dogs were seen at which houses. It's not good form to open your door to complete strangers even during the day and you definitely do not wish to awaken the vengeful and spiteful dragon that seems to live in a lot of people. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time is a very real possibility if you do not pay attention to your surroundings and those who are there with you. The bad reputation of some neighborhoods is well deserved in a lot of cases. One on one confrontation is not usually a good approach to problem resolution. Frequenting areas known for past problems not a very good idea. Seedy underbelly indeed.
I follow the lead of my MIL and the maid. They are excellent at feeling out trouble.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It is a long known fact that only two things evolve from SFM......
1. Drug Dealers
2. Family of Drug Dealers
There are certain parts of the globe that are like this.
Here in RD, it happens to be SFM.
We have family members in SFM. First thing they told me 24 years ago was the drug issues there.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
We have family members in SFM. First thing they told me 24 years ago was the drug issues there.
Was told the same thing when I looked at moving there back in the fall of 2012.
Appears they are still having some issues.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
According to what i was told, the situation is deteriorating and similar events will be seen with much more frequency all throughout the country, due to an issue coming from the higher ups of the government. Apparently Luis Abinader wants to be frontal against organized crime and that is not sitting well with low level corrupt cops that charge drug dealers in poor neighborhoods to let them operate. This political decision is making corrupt cops raise the toll for drug dealers because their job is becoming "riskier", and what you can hear in the video posted by op is the drug dealers way of protesting.

And since cops are scared of these guys, they hide in their precinct will these gangs terrorize their neighborhood firing their weapons into the air, to make it clear to the authorities that they will not be paying their toll and they're not scared of the police, Abinader, or anybody. I heard similar problems are boiling up in Herrera, Sto Dgo, and other barrios all throughout the country. We will definitely be seeing a more of this.

This happened in Capotillo just a few months ago for exactly the same reason.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
According to what i was told, the situation is deteriorating and similar events will be seen with much more frequency all throughout the country, due to an issue coming from the higher ups of the government. Apparently Luis Abinader wants to be frontal against organized crime and that is not sitting well with low level corrupt cops that charge drug dealers in poor neighborhoods to let them operate. This political decision is making corrupt cops raise the toll for drug dealers because their job is becoming "riskier", and what you can hear in the video posted by op is the drug dealers way of protesting.

And since cops are scared of these guys, they hide in their precinct will these gangs terrorize their neighborhood firing their weapons into the air, to make it clear to the authorities that they will not be paying their toll and they're not scared of the police, Abinader, or anybody. I heard similar problems are boiling up in Herrera, Sto Dgo, and other barrios all throughout the country. We will definitely be seeing a more of this.

This happened in Capotillo just a few months ago for exactly the same reason.

Did your source tell you most of these guys were ID'd and arrested?

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeFisher

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
You're are an undertaker? My brother is as well. One of the most well known in the North East U.S. for his reconstruction skills.
Nope, not an undertaker, but I am in a related industry. I'm just someone who can't pass up a good opportunity! Your brother could probably put his reconstructive skills to good use in the D.R. based on some of the things I've seen.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Whenever Las Estrellas were going to play the SFM team in finals (past 5 years or so?), I remember talk of how bad drugs were over there then.
It seemed like there’s been a recent crime uptick, but maybe it’s just me.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Nope, not an undertaker, but I am in a related industry. I'm just someone who can't pass up a good opportunity! Your brother could probably put his reconstructive skills to good use in the D.R. based on some of the things I've seen.
Nah.. he's made his millions. On top of that sold his funeral home a few years ago to J.S. Waterman and now does the occasional "consulting" job even though he receiving monthly checks for life.

The profits they make in that business is jaw dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.