Ferreteria Americana sold to UK company

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Ferreteria-Americana-Proceso-e1605796767631.jpg

Ferreteria Americana reports that the hardware store has been sold to a yet unnamed British firm. The UK firm has committed to restructure and reopen the chain store “to recover market share, strengthen the represented brands and reposition the name.” The company says it is immersed in the legal, financial and property transaction phase. Ferreteria Americana has more than 70 years in the Dominican Republic. It has eight branches nationwide.

Read more in Spanish:Proceso

18 November 2020

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I always thought Ferretería Americana did itself a disservice by not expanding to the level it should. Too few stores. Hopefully the new British company accomplish this much needed expasion. Maybe dropping the 'ferretería' part in the name could be part of its new image (hopefully they will keep the Americana part rather than renaming the stores to whatever British chain that acquired it). I think everyone knows that Americana is a hardware store.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I always thought Ferretería Americana did itself a disservice by not expanding to the level it should. Too few stores. Hopefully the new British company accomplish this much needed expasion. Maybe dropping the 'ferretería' part in the name could be part of its new image (hopefully they will keep the Americana part rather than renaming the stores to whatever British chain that acquired it). I think everyone knows that Americana is a hardware store.
I have long thought something was up with Americana since they never reopened after the pandemic started.

They always seemed to have a management problem (or lack of) I anxiously await the big reveal of the new owner.