LNG in the DR. How big is the usage?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
This morning I was reading the holdings of an investment firm that I am thinking of buying shares in, in the next few days. I came across one of their holdings being a very substantial interest here in the DR in a company that provides LNG to the DR. Very large investment. Any ideas regarding the DR's usage? How much of the energy used here is LNG?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The Pueblo Viejo mine has/is switching to natural gas to power their generators. They have been getting away from heavy fuel oil. Some believe it was to lower the co2 emissions but it is clearly a cost saving measure. Natural gas is cheap and more efficient. How that translates into an LNG investment is only good

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
lots of vehicles running off LNG. Most households and restaurants using LNG for stoves.
I think you mean LPG, not LNG. A large percentage of the vehicles on the road here use LPG for fuel and restaurants and households use it as well.

LNG is having a tough time of it getting off the ground but a lot of industries and power plants are making the switch to LNG.

I bet one day Punta Catalina will switch as well.