Vaccine availability in other Countries for travelling DR1 Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Johne just messaged me about Vaccine availability in NY:

New York State is opening distribution tomorrow for the vaccine. I tried to get appt while I am here for Friday before I return to DR. Not looking good but maybe.

Hear about Vaccines becoming available in other areas. This is the place to post it.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Im going to Miami Thursday and over 65, lets see if possble. My doctor is at Mt Sinai but says there its 75 and up (if you could get an appointment) Illl be there 10 days and if I get the shot I'll post my experience ....

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Im going to Miami Thursday and over 65, lets see if possble. My doctor is at Mt Sinai but says there its 75 and up (if you could get an appointment) Illl be there 10 days and if I get the shot I'll post my experience ....
The city is open today. The state is not open yet BUT the “rumor” is they will open at the Javita CentWe and are gearing up for 50,000 per day. That rumor”’is solid gold.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The city is open today. The state is not open yet BUT the “rumor” is they will open at the Javita CentWe and are gearing up for 50,000 per day. That rumor”’is solid gold.
Javit Center

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Does Fla require an appointment?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
10 days is not enough time to get the needed two vaccinations.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

you need to have the second dose 3 weeks from the first

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Looks like the DR is still uncertain about when, how much and where the vaccine will roll out.
Smart money looking at home country for vaccine opportunity .

Reactions: johne

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Looks like the DR is still uncertain about when, how much and where the vaccine will roll out.
Jusr remember some people cant take the vaccine, ..due to a fatal reaction

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Jusr remember some people cant take the vaccine, ..due to a fatal reaction
Hospital had me hang around for 30 mins after the vaccine, tvs, good magazines and eze chairs.
I asked the nurse, you see anyone have any reaction since you started doing the vaccinations. "No."
Anecdotal but coming on to one week I feel normal, no changes, no nothing.

Reactions: USA DOC

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Hospital had me hang around for 30 mins after the vaccine, tvs, good magazines and eze chairs.
I asked the nurse, you see anyone have any reaction since you started doing the vaccinations. "No."
Anecdotal but coming on to one week I feel normal, no changes, no nothing.
No reaction... thats what I thought.some of the imformation about the vaccine is pure FUBAR.........

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My son , DIL, and Brother all had the moderna vaccine- no reaction or side effects, yet.
From what I’m hearing from my family who’ve gotten Moderna, the reactions are happening after 2nd dose, but nothing severe (headaches, nausea, body aches, arm pain, etc), and they’re gone after 3 days or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: JD Jones

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I’d go with Smart money. Go home and revisit old girlfriends. Have fun and get the f ing thing done.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I’d go with Smart money. Go home and revisit old girlfriends. Have fun and get the f ing thing done.
My home is the DR. But I could get it in the US if I wanted to fly there and stay the duration to get two doses or make two trips. Decisions, decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.