JUAN DOLIO O BAVARO AREA

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Good day,

I am considering to leave the Capital City. My first option would be to move to Juan Dolio....or as a second option to move to Bavaro....I would like to first rent a place for a year....I need ideally 3 Bedrms.
For some reason in Juan Dolio I am being told by several realtors that they do not rent at all.....they only sell Real Estate in Juan Dolio......hmmm!
Please let me know your input an/or suggestions......

Thank you.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Good day,

I am considering to leave the Capital City. My first option would be to move to Juan Dolio....or as a second option to move to Bavaro....I would like to first rent a place for a year....I need ideally 3 Bedrms.
For some reason in Juan Dolio I am being told by several realtors that they do not rent at all.....they only sell Real Estate in Juan Dolio......hmmm!

Thank you.
No money in it for them on rental. Go on line. Plenty to look at. How much you looking to spend may I ask?

Reactions: Caonabo

potus

Dec 27, 2015
No money in it for them on rental. Go on line. Plenty to look at. How much you looking to spend may I ask?
I scouted through several websites....to no prevail.......I have a wide range for my budget....ideally 500, but could go up to 1,500 without issues. Thank you.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Good day,

Thank you.
Go to Bavaro (I would say Cocotal) more lively than Juan Dolio and in full development, just my 2 Pesitos ofcourse.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Good day,

Thank you.

As with many things, a simple A or B response may not be the adequate solution.
There are many other factors to take into consideration. Not difficult, but must be added to the equation.
Needing 3 bedrooms, you are obviously not alone. Are there children in the mix? If so, you will have to factor in educational opportunities/availability, as well as leisure activities for them.
For yourself, and any other adults, is employment required?
Do you have a preference as to which airport you wish to utilize when departing/arriving, if need be.
Do you own a vehicle?
Does your significant other, or the persons who will be residing with you have friends/family nearby in either community, or are you looking to create some space away from them?
If you choose not to answer any of the above publicly, feel free to PM me for any further information you might be seeking.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Rental in an apartment for a week in each place.
Go hard in the paint the entire week and do the same things you would need to do if you lived there.
Make the call after that without paying attention any of these DR1 advice givers who neither live how you live or like what you like.

And that is the way I see it ‼️

Now in my opinion Juan Dolio is not even in the same plane of existence as Bavaro. But that is me.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There are many other factors to take into consideration. Not difficult, but must be added to the equation.
Needing 3 bedrooms, you are obviously not alone. Are there children in the mix? If so, you will have to factor in educational opportunities/availability, as well as leisure activities for them.
Do you have a preference as to which airport you wish to utilize when departing/arriving, if need be.
Do you own a vehicle?
Does your significant other, or the persons who will be residing with you have friends/family nearby in either community, or are you looking to create some space away from them?
If you choose not to answer any of the above publicly, feel free to PM me for any further information you might be seeking.
Adding to this valuable insight above: I live in Juan Dolio. On the beach. I travel each month of the year Internationally. I like being 40 minutes from a major airport. My GF has a business in the Capital. It's a short drive in and out weekend only. Before pandemic the Capital was 40 minutes away for fine dining and entertainment.I play golf. Metro 5 minutes away. Guayaberry 12 minutes away. Its all good for me.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Adding to this valuable insight above: I live in Juan Dolio. On the beach. I travel each month of the year Internationally. I like being 40 minutes from a major airport. My GF has a business in the Capital. It's a short drive in and out weekend only. Before pandemic the Capital was 40 minutes away for fine dining and entertainment.I play golf. Metro 5 minutes away. Guayaberry 12 minutes away. Its all good for me.
You live in the Dominican Republic now ❓

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE

What do you do?

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE

OP.

because of the above exposed, JD is a very good option. Its tranquil, cheaper than Bavaro and has a lower profile in all aspects.

Reactions: MarJD

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
OP.

because of the above exposed, JD is a very good option. Its tranquil, cheaper than Bavaro and has a lower profile in all aspects.

For a single person, or couple I would tend to agree, but if there is a child in the equation, everything changes.
There is only one international school in Juan Dolio, and not much more in the form of colegios (private schools), and I know of more parents who have withdrawn their children from it, then still attend there. Of course, this is aside from Covid at home learning, but the children are still enrolled in the institution none the less. For those parents with school age children that I know of residing in Juan Dolio, they utilize the private schools in San Pedro and utilize transportation shuttle services......again when classes are in normal session.
The private schools within Bavaro, especially the international schools, may be of a higher standard of quality, and the education of the child should be first in mind.
For the record, I am a strong advocate of the international schooling systems and methods.

Reactions: XTraveller

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Do you own a vehicle?
Thank you, my email is: jordan.maxwell91123@gmail.com I live alone, but have an office in my residence....also my kids are visiting at least every other weekend. Yes, I won 2 vehicles and Airport is of no consideration....
I just find it difficult to believe that all owners in Juan Doliuo decided not to rent....that seems to be very unlikely.......

potus

Dec 27, 2015
I am a long term resident and like both places. I know both areas well. I would like to consider renting in Juan Dolio, but I am being told over and over that Juan Dolio does not do rentals, only sales......

• Sad

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I am a long term resident and like both places. I know both areas well. I would like to consider renting in Juan Dolio, but I am being told over and over that Juan Dolio does not do rentals, only sales......
I don't know how to respond: I am a renter in JD. Me. Yes renter. You state there are no rentals. Bob posted quite an extensive list of rentals. Que pasa?