Custom Earplugs

mazeyG7676

Jan 17, 2021
Saint Paul, MN
Hello, I have a hearing condition called hyperacusis and I've been looking for the best earplugs I can get. I avoid going out this time because I am a bit of a paranoid when it comes to getting COVID19. So... I just want to know if anyone here tried buying from this website? They are called Big Ear and they offer home service for molding your ears for custom hearing protection and then they'll mail the product within a few weeks. They also do have instructions for DIY molding where they'll send a molding kit then you'll mold your ears and send back the kit with the molds. Some of their products are really intriguing and of course, I'd love to know if anyone here tried their products yet.

Here's how they look like.

Any other recommendation?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Here are some sites that were recommended to me, provided by a member of this very community, when I was researching information on home defense weaponry a while back. It proved to be very helpful. While over the ear shells may not be your thing, there are several mentions of "in ear" foam buds. Many of the items are available through Amazon.
10 Best Shooting Ear Protection [Electronic & Passive Hands-On] - Pew Pew Tactical
Armed Defense Training Association - Hearing Protection Buyer’s Guide
Hearing Protection | Estes Audiology (hearlifeagain.com)

Challenger007

Nov 2, 2020
Springfield, Illinois
If you are in need of a specific individual product, you can try ordering trial copies from this company. But as for me, you can take standard earplugs and not fool yourself. It will come out much cheaper and the efficiency will be good.