Government intorduces new regulations for UK travellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
will the hotels carry out the PCR tests
Very doubtful. It requires specialized lab equipment and personnel for PCR tests.

They do seem to be doing (or at least willing to do) the simpler Antigen tests for US tourists based upon news reports to that effect.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Very doubtful. It requires specialized lab equipment and personnel for PCR tests.

They do seem to be doing (or at least willing to do) the simpler Antigen tests for US tourists based upon news reports to that effect.
That's what I thought. the British and Canadians need the viral PCR. Makes it problematic for those going to the AI. I'm not returning till nov/dec hopefully all you will need by then is proof of vaccination, making it easier for everyone.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That's what I thought. the British and Canadians need the viral PCR. Makes it problematic for those going to the AI. I'm not returning till nov/dec hopefully all you will need by then is proof of vaccination, making it easier for everyone.
It is not yet known if being vaccinated also prevents you from being a carrier who can spread the disease but remain asymptomatic.
Until that is known, expect governments to err on the side of requiring tests for everyone, vaccinated or not.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
It is not yet known if being vaccinated also prevents you from being a carrier who can spread the disease but remain asymptomatic.
Until that is known, expect governments to err on the side of requiring tests for everyone, vaccinated or not.

Maybe ! I'm being optimistic that if were all vaccinated then it does not matter so much, that it ill be more like dealing with flu. hopefully. Will probably take longer than we think, gotta have patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.