Temporary Residency Renewal in Puerto Plata

Cabarete2014

Mar 30, 2014
Is it possible now to renew temporary residency in Puerto Plata? The reason I ask the question is that in the past when you selected Puerto Plata office on DGM website list of applications it did not listed the renewal of temporary but now it does. I don't know if it is a website glitch or things have changed since a year ago.
Also, please point out if anything has changed in the renewal process since a year ago. One thing that I found out the hard way yesterday was that Patria is not issuing the required insurance anymore, only Dominicana Seguro company.
Thanks

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Is it possible now to renew temporary residency in Puerto Plata? The reason I ask the question is that in the past when you selected Puerto Plata office on DGM website list of applications it did not listed the renewal of temporary but now it does. I don't know if it is a website glitch or things have changed since a year ago.
Also, please point out if anything has changed in the renewal process since a year ago. One thing that I found out the hard way yesterday was that Patria is not issuing the required insurance anymore, only Dominicana Seguro company.
Thanks
My experience with Puerto Plata was at first excellent until matters got confused. I now have a reputable Lawyer who is continuing to assist me in the process. He could not understand why I went to Puerto Plata as there are, according to him. only two locations to get the TR ;Santiago and SDO.
The kindness of the POP location overwhelmed me. I should have known better . SO now I have to start all over again.
SO my personal experience and observation is that you should use the Santiago or Santo Domingo.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Thanks
No you can't do it in Puerto Plata unless things have changed very recently. I'm surprised that Patria have stopped doing the repatriation insurance as that seemed like a great cash cow to me. How do you get the certificate from Dominicana, as I don't think they have an office in Puerto Plata?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
My experience with Puerto Plata was at first excellent until matters got confused. I now have a reputable Lawyer who is continuing to assist me in the process. He could not understand why I went to Puerto Plata as there are, according to him. only two locations to get the TR ;Santiago and SDO.
The kindness of the POP location overwhelmed me. I should have known better . SO now I have to start all over again.
SO my personal experience and observation is that you should use the Santiago or Santo Domingo.
Since when did they start doing Temporary Residency renewals in Santiago? I never heard about that(?).

Cabarete2014

Mar 30, 2014
No you can't do it in Puerto Plata unless things have changed very recently. I'm surprised that Patria have stopped doing the repatriation insurance as that seemed like a great cash cow to me. How do you get the certificate from Dominicana, as I don't think they have an office in Puerto Plata?
I went to Patria office in Puerto Plata yesterday and they referred me to a Dominica agent nearby who operates out of a Photography store. He promised me to have the receipt and other documents necessary to file online within 24 hours. And the originals within 10 days. The cost was $6730 pesos.

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Do you mean you can actually receive the renewed cedula and residency card in Santiago?

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
I went to Patria office in Puerto Plata yesterday and they referred me to a Dominica agent nearby who operates out of a Photography store. He promised me to have the receipt and other documents necessary to file online within 24 hours. And the originals within 10 days. The cost was $6730 pesos.
Could you please give the actual location or name of the photography store? Thanks!

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Do you mean you can actually receive the renewed cedula and residency card in Santiago?
At this point I am not sure of anything...But check in with Santiago ; however you always have to go to Santo Domingo during the process.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
For almost 2 years now, the temporary residency renewal has been done almost completely online. You only have to go to SD for fotos and fingerprints and get your residency card and cedula. Maybe someday that can be done in Santiago(?).

Reactions: XTraveller

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The whole process of renewal online seems to have de-railed along the way.

1month+ waiting and still " en evaluacion "..... And nobody at DGM seems to have a clue, just told to wait.

Oh well it worked well for a couple of years 🥺🥺🥺

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Thanks
Strange why would an insurance company give this up, I did not hear of anyone being deported with temporary residence?

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I thought the same thing. These deportation policies are real cash cows. Actually, at the premium they're charging, they're a total rip-off. And why should you have to pay this every year? You can only be deported once.

Reactions: yacht chef

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Strange why would an insurance company give this up, I did not hear of anyone being deported with temporary residence?

I went to patria in santiago for the policy to renew residency, recently.
They did not seem happy that they were not selling them anymore. Not happy at all.

I am guessing DGM gave them the boot for whatever rea$on.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I went to patria in santiago for the policy to renew residency, recently.
They did not seem happy that they were not selling them anymore. Not happy at all.

I am guessing DGM gave them the boot for whatever rea$on.
Probably not a big enough kick-back.

Cabarete2014

Mar 30, 2014

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
By just reading this I first of all just wanna say that I'm SO happy that I don't have to go through all this hassle anymore as of 1,5 years ago I'm a citizen, so no more renewals. But just as everybody else has commented, last time I did it, and I would be really surprised if anything has been changed since then, you do the renewal application online and then when DGM are ready with it you have to go to Santo Domingo to finish the process there. So nothing in Puerto Plata.

Cabarete2014

Mar 30, 2014
The whole process of renewal online seems to have de-railed along the way.

1month+ waiting and still " en evaluacion "..... And nobody at DGM seems to have a clue, just told to wait.

Oh well it worked well for a couple of years 🥺🥺🥺
is your application status still "en evaluation"? Mine is getting close to a month and I'm a little nervous now.