Best Place to buy a Washing Machine

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
According to some because my handle here on DR1 is YOURMANINVEGAS they do not think I live here.
(That list is long)
This inquiry is not for them.
Because I need a washing machine here.
Here in the 🇩🇴 .
Santo Domingo or Santo Domingo este is where I am willing to travel to buy it.
I got 58,000 DOP in my account here in 🇩🇴 for the purchase.
Because I do not live here of course.:ROFLMAO:

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Huge range in quality, used plastic ones to high-end metal models. And huge range in prices.
With 58k probably look at Plaza Lama. Also Jumbo. And La Sirena. I use buckets in shower.

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The last time I went to Radio Centro they had a scratch and dent sale with a couple of stacker washer/dryers. I'm not completely sure but I seem to remember they were in the low 40's.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
No matter where you go, get a price first then ask for a discount. Make sure they know you're ready to buy if they give you said discount. You know how that works.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
According to some because my handle here on DR1 is YOURMANINVEGAS they do not think I live here.
(That list is long)
This inquiry is not for them.
Because I need a washing machine here.
Here in the 🇩🇴 .
Santo Domingo or Santo Domingo este is where I am willing to travel to buy it.
I got 58,000 DOP in my account here in 🇩🇴 for the purchase.
Because I do not live here of course.:ROFLMAO:

Buy a good US Brand, easier to deal with guarantee with them later, the shops here have almost no guarantee, always works for me, got mine replaced after 6 years.

Get one with direct drive and where the Trajeta is not right on the motor, will be expensive if one of those goes bad.

i think quality is key, you will safe in the long run.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
All of the above advice is great, but no one mentioned STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING DIGITAL. Find one with just regular knobs.
In that case I will mention, STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING DIGITAL.

We have an "LG" one and :

(1) If on your inverter and you pause it, it has a time limit in pause, then it shuts off.
(2) If not on the inverter, naturally it shuts off.

Either way if it shuts off, you lose the progress that it made and starts over from the beginning when "you" re-start it.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
In that case I will mention, STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING DIGITAL.

We have an "LG" one and :

(1) If on your inverter and you pause it, it has a time limit in pause, then it shuts off.
(2) If not on the inverter, naturally it shuts off.

Either way if it shuts off, you lose the progress that it made and starts over from the beginning when "you" re-start it.
Duh, Forgot to say "If/when you lose electric power........

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
All of the above advice is great, but no one mentioned STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING DIGITAL. Find one with just regular knobs.

1612473699436.png

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Corripio on Av. San Vicente de Paul in front of Megacentro is were to go for you. They give you up to 5 years guarantee (ok you have to pay for it)

Reactions: Gadfly

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I bought a whirlpool stacker with knobs about 7 years ago. One of the bearings in the dryer is starting to go but other than that it's worked perfect.
I brought a bearing kit with me from Canada but have been to lazy to change it so far

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Corripio on Av. San Vicente de Paul in front of Megacentro is were to go for you. They give you up to 5 years guarantee (ok you have to pay for it)
Corripio has several stores nationwide. If he lives in the DN, it will not make sense to go out there. The main store is on Kennedy Ave near the Kilometro 9.

Reactions: Liberator