Effort to ban 11 dog breeds in DR

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I wonder if this bill will pass. You’ll need a special license and proof the dog is trained, or they will confiscate your dog and give it to the police. đŸ˜³

It is not unusual that outside of the DR prospective tenants will be denied a rental apartment if they own a dangerous breed.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
This sucks and another process with many hoops to jump through just to keep a well behaved family pet. Any of these dogs currently owned should be grandfathered unless the dog is shown to be viscous or used for fighting.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ontario Canada has banned Pit Bulls- years ago

Even Cesar the Dog Guru had to leave his lead dog - a PitBull - at home when he visited

My Plastic Surgeon friend says 90% of his facial reconstructions from dog bites are ------ guess !!!?
Especially children.... faces ripped off

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Take that up with the staff at the Emergency Ward......

Make your point there

Guaranteed - if you're bitten - they'll put the dog down
Not the owners

Not that I don't get your point...... futile as it may be....
the owners will walk - the dog will die

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
We had a pit bull mix when my oldest was 11 years old. She was about 3 (we got her from the pound) and was gentle with us and any visitors we had.

However, she was vicious with our cat. After we got her, the cat spent the rest of her life on top of the hot water heater. In was not the best.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
the one I would like to have banned is the noctural barker...you know the one, they bark for hours in the night for nothing...just outside your bedroom window......

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Humane laws are needed if they are going to be enforced.
Breed specific laws are a mistake.
First there is the problem of what kind of dog is it.
Government should enforce humane laws and control loose animals.
Getting into dog ownership is a bad idea.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We had a pit bull mix when my oldest was 11 years old. She was about 3 (we got her from the pound) and was gentle with us and any visitors we had.

However, she was vicious with our cat. After we got her, the cat spent the rest of her life on top of the hot water heater. In was not the best.

My 2 Boxers kill anything that enters the property - cats, chickens.... u name it

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Is carlos...a breed of Dog?...
Lol...
That would certainly explain a lot.
Just kidden Los.
Dade County, FL bans certain breeds of dogs. Irresponsible owners make irresponsible dogs so I see nothing wrong with it.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Humane laws are needed if they are going to be enforced.
Breed specific laws are a mistake.
First there is the problem of what kind of dog is it.
Government should enforce humane laws and control loose animals.
Getting into dog ownership is a bad idea.
Well now...you have raised some good questions..what breed are those dogs.., from where I sit, the dogs around my house are many breeds in one Dog ...reminds me of years ago in Northern Minnesota somebody got the idea of breeding a Alaskan Malamute with a Timberwolf...as the Malamute was already 25% wolf the resulting pups were over half pure wolf...And that became ilegal in a few years, because of many lawsuits....as there are still many wild wolfs and Malamutes available today up there today they could be crossbred and shipped here as watchdogs.... the breed would be listed as lawsuit............

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Ontario Canada has banned Pit Bulls- years ago

Even Cesar the Dog Guru had to leave his lead dog - a PitBull - at home when he visited

My Plastic Surgeon friend says 90% of his facial reconstructions from dog bites are ------ guess !!!?
Especially children.... faces ripped off
And the main guilty breed - Labrador retrievers