health insurance company for 62 and up?

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Cananyone recommend a company?
We have Palic ( now Mapfre) which you can get up to and including 69 years with no medical and it can be all done online
WIth Humano you need a medical after 59 years. There is no charge for this.

It is important to remember that to get insurance after 70 years it is more complicated more work. As long as you have something when you are under 70 years you can keep it , however in all cases the premium doubles which actually isn't that bad. For a good policy at 2200-2600 peso a month after 70 years you would pay 4400-5200 peso.

Contact me if you need more information

Yolatengo

Apr 15, 2020
I am with ARS Monumental, I got in just before I turned 65, I required a blood test and an EKG ( I paid for the tests). As I am in what they call the 3rd "trimester" of life, the plan is a bit reduced from their more comprehensive plans; it includes basic dental. I pay 12,000 rd, every six months. I am now 71 and have not seen an increase. I purchased the plan through an agency in Sosua.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Thats very complicated, faster way for Dominicans is going to goverment Senasa plan. Private is almost imposible as they want you not to have any problem that make them to lose $$$$ because your age and all that come with it.

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
can anyone go to the free hospital in puerto plata or do you have to be a citizen?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
can anyone go to the free hospital in puerto plata or do you have to be a citizen?

Walk-ins for all. But can’t even come close to the service you’ll get at private healthcare facilities. You don’t need to be a citizen or pay anything.

The costs of private services in the DR are still cheap. Unless you’re having some complicated surgery/need.

Reactions: jaxter