E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
People with foreign passports who live in the USA cannot get e-ticket. Only through the agent at the check-in. And they enter the DR without issues. So, depends on the nationality I think.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
People with foreign passports who live in the USA cannot get e-ticket. Only through the agent at the check-in. And they enter the DR without issues. So, depends on the nationality I think.
if thats the new customs form you can do online . i had mine coming in and went straight thru and i also have one for going out . was not hard to do

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
if thats the new customs form you can do online . i had mine coming in and went straight thru and i also have one for going out . was not hard to do
No. Just e-ticket. At least with Spirit. "The action cannot be completed. You must see an agent".

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Foreign passport, USA adress...used it coming back to DR from vacay in January. No issue, Smooth.

Reactions: CristoRey

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Where does it state that you “cannot enter the DR without an e ticket “?

This is the website which airlines use to check regulations which apply to each country. Click on Dominican Republic on the map. It says "Passengers must complete an electronic ticket at https://eticket.migracion.gob.do , this will generate a QR code which must be presented on arrival.

If it's on here, airlines will stick to it.

This is the website which airlines use to check regulations which apply to each country. Click on Dominican Republic on the map. It says "Passengers must complete an electronic ticket at https://eticket.migracion.gob.do , this will generate a QR code which must be presented on arrival.

They didn't when we entered the DR, American was still handing out the forms as we were approaching PC airport. Albeit, it was at the beginning of April which is when it first went live. It is much easier to complete at home before traveling though.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

I have flown some part of each and every month( except when the border was closed) since February of last year.) That’s a lot of times. And it includes two weeks ago. When I inquired JetBlue about the very thing you say airlinofollow as the Bible ....... JetBlue said .... we have nothing to do with that.
So it might be on some regulatory board but I think Part of your response might be incorrect.

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
I recently flew in and they would not issue my ticket before I showed them a completed form. I thought it would be scanned at some point upon returning but never was.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
No need for the DR to scan - it's embedded in your passport fle

The airlines = No....
Agreed. Immigrationson both sides know everything they NEED to know which is contained in your passport.
Airlines sell tickets. They are in trouble and are trying to bounce off the ropes.I doubt seriously any management will suggest at a board meeting "Hey, let's kick customers off the flights to the DR if they don't have that scanner thingy." Now now...maybe in the future of kick the can down the road.

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
Supposedly, when they scan your passport in SDQ, they see that you did the e-ticket.
I was not aware. But im curious why they'd ask for my form if they saw I did the e-ticket? New system. I'm sure they'll make improvements along the way. I even explained to the ticketing agent that they still have physical forms and I did not have to fill this out now. She said it was required.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The conversion date to 'E-Ticket' changed so often, it got confusing.

The intent is/was to eliminate the paper form.

I'm not sure the airline sees your e-ticket..... maybe.
I have never used it flying in - will do so June 13th -
my wife has used it - no problems

Reactions: bachata