Government will insist that all are vaccinated

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Anyone going to a university or working there in the DR will have to be vaccinated.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
CBC announced that the Canadian government is close to shutting down the mandatory Covid hotel stay requirement for returning Canadians abroad. They must have proof of both vaccinations. Only a quick Covid test is required at the airport on your return. The Feds are getting pressure from Premiers, airlines, etc. to use the US-CDC template for travellers with both shots.

That will definitely motivate more Canadians to get both shots.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
all people? this I have to see...........
Just one more step in mandating vaccinations:
La República Wednesday, June 9, 2021​

Interactions
Mail

COLLABORATION​

The vaccine card generates controversy​

WASHINGTON GONZÁLEZ

The pandemic has unleashed a discussion between employers, workers and administrative labor authorities in which they wonder if it is possible that the employer requires the worker to undergo the Covid-19 test and vaccine and what would be the consequences of the worker's refusal .
The Constitution of the Dominican Republic, the Labor Code, the constant jurisprudence of the Supreme Court of Justice and the Constitutional Court leave no doubts that cannot be interpreted by a jurist knowledgeable about labor law and quickly articles 44, 46 and 88 give answers to the questions, in this sense it is an obligation of the worker to undergo a medical examination at the request of the employer to verify that he or she does not suffer from an infectious contagious disease.
It is the employer's obligation to maintain the factory, the office and other places where the work must be carried out in the conditions required by the health regulations and to provide free preventive drugs indicated by the health authorities in the event of epidemic diseases, covering the costs of the examination or examination. vaccine.
Article 7 of the Regulations for the application of the Labor Code considers this refusal as a serious breach of the obligations of the employment contract, also typified as a cause of dismissal by paragraph 19 of article 88 of the Labor Code, which can be used by the employer to terminate the employment contract by dismissal or the worker in case the employer does not take such measures, to terminate the contract by resignation.
What would be the consequences if the worker refuses the medical examination against COVI-19?
The employer could terminate the employment contract by dismissing the worker with just cause, by compromising the worker through recklessness or inexcusable carelessness the safety of the company's workplace or the people who are there, and by refusing the worker to adopt preventive measures and not following the procedures indicated by the competent authorities or the employer.
If the court declares the justified dismissal, the worker does not receive the compensation that in the street is called liquidation or labor benefits (notice and unemployment assistance); however the big question would be:
Will the worker be obliged to be vaccinated at the request of the employer?
Undoubtedly, not being vaccinated at the request of the employer and under the suggestions of the health authorities would run the same consequences of justified dismissal, under the premise that this worker endangers the health and his life, that of his co-workers and all the company, article 88 in numeral 15 of the Labor Code clearly establishes that it is cause for dismissal when the worker refuses to take preventive measures or follow the procedures indicated by the competent authorities or employers that avoid diseases.
It is a commitment and a legal obligation for the worker and the employer under the existence of a pandemic that can affect collective fundamental rights (general public order is imposed on private public order) to take all preventive measures that can avoid illness or disease. death of workers by Covid-19, the vaccine beyond a duty is an obligation (see articles 42 and 74 of the Constitution and articles 44, 46 and 88 of the Labor Code and 7 of Regulation 258-93).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
all people? this I have to see...........
And did you see this?

The Senate asks the President for mandatory vaccination to enter public and private sites​

It asks that those who are not vaccinated be prohibited from entering food outlets, banks, restaurants and the use of public transport.​

• The Senate asks the President for mandatory vaccination to enter public and private sites
    The senators' decision seeks to motivate people to get vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Paul Mathiasen
Santo Domingo, RD

The Senate of the Republic approved a resolution that asks the President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, to prohibit entry to public and private places to people who have not been vaccinated against Covid-19.
The initiative, authored by senators Dionis Sánchez, Antonio Marte and Eddy Nolasco, was intended to be known in the next session, but at the request of the spokesman for the People's Force in the Senate, it was agreed to place it on the agenda this Tuesday.
Specifically, what the resolution requests is that “the prohibition of entry to places of public and private services, food outlets, banks, restaurants, the use of public transport and other places that implies the agglomeration of men and women be provided. , to people who are not inoculated with the Covid-19 vaccine, in order to preserve collective health and the public good ”.
Within its considerations, the resolution argues that "despite the constant efforts of the State, there has been a resistance of people to get vaccinated, which has prevented more quickly covering the 7,800,000 people who deserve, as a priority, to be vaccinated."
It also establishes that thanks to the powers granted by the state of emergency, the President of the Republic has the power to suspend the exercise of the right of free movement and of association and assembly.
This Tuesday the senator of the province Santiago Rodríguez, Antonio Marte, was in favor of the vaccination against the coronavirus being mandatory, while warning that it will prevent those people who do not demonstrate their inoculation against using the transport services of their companies. the Covid-19.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does anyone else see the vaccine card writing on the wall?

Must just be me because I read the news in the DR.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Yea! Hope this comes to pass. Now we need to get the flights to resume.
Canada-DR flights should resume the day the government announces no more Covid hotel stay for vaccinated people. I expect to see some sweet deals on flights and accommodations.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Canada-DR flights should resume the day the government announces no more Covid hotel stay for vaccinated people. I expect to see some sweet deals on flights and accommodations.
After the current leader of the Great White North is deposed?

Meanwhile in the DR:

- People can be fired with no severance for not vaccinating
- There is the potential to ban all people from entering public and private businesses if not vaccinated
- The government has very clearly stated that they want everyone vaccinated

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
After the current leader of the Great White North is deposed?

Meanwhile in the DR:

- People can be fired with no severance for not vaccinating
- There is the potential to ban all people from entering public and private businesses if not vaccinated
- The government has very clearly stated that they want everyone vaccinated
"They" may want everyone vaccinated - well my wife just returned from her doctor. She is POST-COVID and has pretty much fully re-covered. Her doctor said under NO circumstances should she get the vaccine just to satisfy travel requirements or freedom of movement. Period / end of story / regardless of what the government here or Canada ( in our case) says.

"They" are flying by the seat of their pants. And not just here. 😳

Reactions: Fulano2

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There is talk of opening the US/Can border.....
but that won't trigger DR flights, I don't think.

Hop scotch thru the US is the only way still - YYZ thru Charlotte NC - one way shown

Tight CLT connection - 39 minutes

1623259729894.png

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
"They" may want everyone vaccinated - well my wife just returned from her doctor. She is POST-COVID and has pretty much fully re-covered. Her doctor said under NO circumstances should she get the vaccine just to satisfy travel requirements or freedom of movement. Period / end of story / regardless of what the government here or Canada ( in our case) says.

"They" are flying by the seat of their pants. And not just here. 😳
I guess she can just stay home in that case? Or perhaps go to the USA?

Some doctors also appear to be making interesting judgements.

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
There is talk of opening the US/Can border.....
but that won't trigger DR flights, I don't think.

Hop scotch thru the US is the only way still - YYZ thru Charlotte NC - one way shown

Tight CLT connection - 39 minutes

View attachment 4548
Biden may do an end run around Trudeau and open the US border first to Canadian citizens who have proof of both vaccinations. It’s already happening at US airports. Canadians don’t require testing or isolation entering and exiting US airports if the have both shots. I’ll go out on a limb here and say the Covid hotel requirement will be lifted within two weeks and US citizens with both shots will be allowed across the land border into Canada in short order.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
I guess she can just stay home in that case? Or perhaps go to the USA?

Some doctors also appear to be making interesting judgements.
Well, her doctor in this case had first-hand experience with both a patient and a family member who vaccinated after recovering from Covid and had bad reactions. So I'm not sure if I would call that an "interesting judgement". But who really knows at this time ? It's an ongoing learning process.

Reactions: Linda Stapleton

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Covid lunacy...people should educate themselves and look at the stats...covid has affected the little intelligence some have...covid zombies...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Well, her doctor in this case had first-hand experience with both a patient and a family member who vaccinated after recovering from Covid and had bad reactions. So I'm not sure if I would call that an "interesting judgement". But who really knows at this time ? It's an ongoing learning process.
My ex-wife in the UK was vaccinated AFTER having Covid. She works in a hospital and was strongly advised to do so. She had no bad reactions.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
My ex-wife in the UK was vaccinated AFTER having Covid. She works in a hospital and was strongly advised to do so. She had no bad reactions.
After contracting the virus just like other flu viruses your body produces antibodies...no need for a vaccine...natural immunity is acquired...world has gone loco...

Reactions: jd426 and Fulano2