News in forums

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I just want to say I like Dolores posting the news bulletins directly into the forum. Keeps it more DR related and it’s a good source for DR breaking news. I remember dr1 had an FB page but I would suggest maybe an IG page as I think it would work well for Dolores news posts. The maximum for captions in IG is 2,200 characters which is about the size.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
To follow up on this. Yeah I think it’s working very well with the news bulletins in the forum. It’s increasingly becoming more focused on the Dominican Republic. And the forums more disciplined regarding staying DR related.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
To follow up on this. Yeah I think it’s working very well with the news bulletins in the forum. It’s increasingly becoming more focused on the Dominican Republic. And the forums more disciplined regarding staying DR related.
Yes , agreed, but DR1 on IG ? 🤔🤔 Hmmm , IG may be too dynamic and fast moving for DR1 …and could need too much effort to keep up….

For our ( younger) generation , at least, IG is where we go to find and follow local Dominican businesses, DR news , upcoming local events, view posts from friends, send DMs to other parents at the kids’ schools etc

For news, other Dominican IG accounts like Bavaro News , Diario Libre etc do a great job already ….with local and international news ….so DR1 is where we come to see the English translation of some of those news items …and perhaps read some of the member’s opinions …..before the conversation deteriorates into something totally different….🤭😬😁

But ,en serio, DR1 gives you people’s opinions and experiences. That’s their USP… so maybe quite not suited to IG , IMO.

Reactions: aarhus

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Yes , agreed, but DR1 on IG ? 🤔🤔 Hmmm , IG may be too dynamic and fast moving for DR1 …and could need too much effort to keep up….

For our ( younger) generation , at least, IG is where we go to find and follow local Dominican businesses, DR news , upcoming local events, view posts from friends, send DMs to other parents at the kids’ schools etc

For news, other Dominican IG accounts like Bavaro News , Diario Libre etc do a great job already ….with local and international news ….so DR1 is where we come to see the English translation of some of those news items …and perhaps read some of the member’s opinions …..before the conversation deteriorates into something totally different….🤭😬😁

But ,en serio, DR1 gives you people’s opinions and experiences. That’s their USP… so maybe quite not suited to IG , IMO.
Agreed. I would say more opinion than experience, however, for most of the kettle.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008

Actually maybe Twitter would work better for dr1 than IG. Post the news bulletins on a DR1 Twitter account. Twitter is becoming known now for having many news accounts.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
But DR1 needs to rename the url to dr1.com/news/ instead dr1.com/wordpress/

Just sayin ...
I have also thought about they should do something about SEO. I don’t know much about it though. I remember them coming up in google searches in the past under news.

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I think it works great the way it is now.

I get the news emailed to me, and if I want to comment on a particular item I come here to DR and select that thread for commenting.

Imagine if a thread had all of the articles in one post. It would be a cluster... um... truck after a few posts.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
There's one thing in business that's as sure as the sun rises. You'll never run out of folks who feel the need to tell you what you need to do or what you're doing wrong.

Reactions: JD Jones

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I think it works great the way it is now.

I get the news emailed to me, and if I want to comment on a particular item I come here to DR and select that thread for commenting.

Imagine if a thread had all of the articles in one post. It would be a cluster... um... truck after a few posts.
Yes I also like it but MiamiGuy is right that they should change url and do something about SEO. When you search Dominican Republic under news in google only Dominican Today articles show. No DR1. They used to.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Any suggestions of who could help out with SEO? I have an idea of the problems, but need help.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
After suggesting an IG account I take that back. Maybe Twitter instead. It has become the more Newsy SoMe.

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo