How is the road from sosua to santo domingo tru nagua

Status
Not open for further replies.

pas

Jun 7, 2004
How is the road from sosua to santo domingo tru nagua.
How long is the drive at the moment.?
Hear the road near gasper Hernandez is onder construction.

Any info is appreciated

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
There is a stretch around Gaspar that is being worked on, or was recently when I passed through. Expect about 3 hours travel time to reach Autopista Las Americas, depends where in the capitol you are going for complete travel time. Happy trails!!

Reactions: CristoRey

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It took about a minute to pass through the road works near GH when I went through recently. The rest of the route is fine, so no probs.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It took about a minute to pass through the road works near GH when I went through recently. The rest of the route is fine, so no probs.
Are they actually working on that small stretch of road? If so, it would have been done long ago.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Just in case you aren't aware, the Ruta Touristica(Hwy 25) from Montellano to Santiago is completed. It would be faster to go from Sosua to Santo Domingo that way.
Depends where in SD you are going. If you are going to the East side I would use the north coast route.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Google Maps shows the north coast route taking 38 minutes longer to SD East. They're usually pretty accurate.
I don't know how they do it, but those times are "live". Google Maps is my poor man GPS on my iPhone when i'm driving. I've seen the enroute and destination times change while I'm driving do to GM detecting unexpected traffic jams and accidents. It offers alternate routes in those cases. If you went the route using Hwy 25 to go to SD Este and were driving east through SD at rush hour, the north coast route might be a better choice at that time of day(?).

Status
Not open for further replies.