Dutch Fugitive Targeted In Las Terrenas Assassination Attempt

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
I'm a week late posting this but was wondering if anybody knows more about it?

Where in Las Terrenas?

"The target of an assassination attempt in the Las Terrenas region of the Dominican Republic on Tuesday turned out to be a Dutch fugitive. The man is on Interpol's Red List for several serious crimes he committed in the Netherlands, several Dominican media outlets reported.

Two men on a scooter fired four bullets at the fugitive on Tuesday while he was driving. The Hyundai Tucson he was driving then collided with another vehicle, and flipped over on its side. The gunmen escaped, and remain wanted by authorities.

Initially, authorities announced the man’s identity as 44-year-old Costa Rican Margaret Soto Harvey Gerardo. Later, it turned that the identity documents authorities found were forged. After working with Interpol, his true identity was uncovered, but details were not released publicly.

A search of the man’s home led police in the Dominican Republic to investigate two safes on the property. They discovered a 9 mm handgun, several clips for the weapon and another, ammunition, a knife, four Costa Rican passports, five identity cards, two vehicle license plates, two mobile phones, two watches, a wig and 120 U.S. dollars.

It is unknown if the man will be extradited to the Netherlands.

Dominican police are still investigating who shot the Dutch fugitive."

Read it all here: ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT

jollyroger

Nov 3, 2019
2 guns, ammo, 5 IDs but only 120$ in cash ?? Lol...... Seems 3 or more zeroes of that cash got lost in the search.
The $120.00 sounds about the right amount to rent a small Dominican House, within the barrios. He obviously put his rent money aside set this money in the safe so that he would not spend it friviously, personal responsibility should be applauded. Just saying!

Big

Apr 24, 2019
2 guns, ammo, 5 IDs but only 120$ in cash ?? Lol...... Seems 3 or more zeroes of that cash got lost in the search.
that is a Rolex submariner in the picture, its worth about 5 thousand (unless its a counterfeit ).

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
that is a Rolex submariner in the picture, its worth about 5 thousand (unless its a counterfeit ).
$5K?

Authentic Rolex Submariner prices have gone through the roof, amigo.

"Rolex Submariners are available in stainless steel, two tone, and precious metals. The price of a Submariner ranges from $8,950 to $37,950." Now that's if you can find a new one. Many are selling above list price.

But then again, it could be a fake Rolex. China produces some beautiful specimens. In fact, I read yesterday that many Rolex owners in Los Angeles now wear fakes in public venues.

Why?

In case they get robbed :LOL:

Big

Apr 24, 2019
$5K?

Authentic Rolex Submariner prices have gone through the roof, amigo.

"Rolex Submariners are available in stainless steel, two tone, and precious metals. The price of a Submariner ranges from $8,950 to $37,950." Now that's if you can find a new one. Many are selling above list price.

But then again, it could be a fake Rolex. China produces some beautiful specimens. In fact, I read yesterday that many Rolex owners in Los Angeles now wear fakes in public venues.

Why?

In case they get robbed :LOL:
I am well aware of the price of a Rolex submariner date both new and used slim! I know of no grown man who will wear a "fake Rolex" maybe you do.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Buying a Rolex (or other such watch) is an indication that you have too much money.
Hey, that is just my opinion, no need to jump on that concept. I personally have never felt a desire for
such things. Others, I realize, crave such things. Like getting rooms at a Marriott Ocean Club, or Ritz Carlton Reserve
which are other things I could care less about for myself.

In this case, that too much money appears to not have been his. Hence the Code Red on VanderBond.
My home town was called Amsterdam, but not the one in Holland/Netherlands the Land of the Dutch (all so confusing with those different names).
That confusion even made it to a Seinfeld episode.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Must not have been a very successful criminal , he should have moved a little farther west up the coast. He would have blended in much better in the greater Cabarete, Sosua area with all the budget conscious aging hippie dullards.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I used to live in Amsterdam.
Still in contact with friends over
there on a regular basis. The Netherlands
is currently experiencing a lot tit for tat
gangland style killings. It's 100% drug related. Perhaps this fella is somehow involved in one of those ongoing fueds.

No doubt a good run is always better than a bad stand however sometimes in life shit catches up with you.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Buying a Rolex (or other such watch) is an indication that you have too much money.
Hey, that is just my opinion, no need to jump on that concept. I personally have never felt a desire for
such things. Others, I realize, crave such things. Like getting rooms at a Marriott Ocean Club, or Ritz Carlton Reserve
which are other things I could care less about for myself.

In this case, that too much money appears to not have been his. Hence the Code Red on VanderBond.
My home town was called Amsterdam, but not the one in Holland/Netherlands the Land of the Dutch (all so confusing with those different names).
That confusion even made it to a Seinfeld episode.
I have a friend he's a retired programmer, worked on the Patriot Missile project. He's so tight he squeaks. The only thing he ever spent money on was a watch(s). Some just like their Crocs. To each his own

If i had the funds, i be in Armani and Gucci and have a nice watch. But i don't.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I have a friend he's a retired programmer, worked on the Patriot Missile project. He's so tight he squeaks. The only thing he ever spent money on was a watch(s). Some just like their Crocs. To each his own

If i had the funds, i be in Armani and Gucci and have a nice watch. But i don't.
I've owned a few Rolex watches over the years but I also carried a pistol with me like a wallet and set of keys back then as well. I would advise against wearing one (fake or real) in this country as it could easily get you killed.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I've owned a few Rolex watches over the years but I also carried a pistol with me like a wallet and set of keys back then as well. I would advise against wearing one (fake or real) in this country as it could easily get you killed.
Flashy + gringo don't work too well. Back in 2003 in SDE they were killing their own for a pair of Jordans and A Motorola flip phone.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

My 2nd wife, long deceased, worked for Raytheon and did the assembly drawing for the stinger missile as one of her tasks. Her father was the owner of three large tea plantations in Sri Lanka with one being where Elephant Walk had some scenes. She had no desire to purchase high end clothing, but could design and make it herself. I was a design engineer on many projects including the lead on the electronics for an M1A2 Abrams tank autoloader to replace the short guy feeding in the rounds. I then went into technical sales and sold to all of the military companies from coast to coast and in several allied foreign countries as was as JPL, NASA and the NSA. I have no desire for any high end stuff. I never had that desire. When I wear a watch it is an Armitron or other plastic cased water resistant electronic watch since I prefer accuracy. I only recently, about a year ago got a smart phone since it was gifted to me and Vonage no longer worked well in the DR. Until then I had no cell phone while in the DR and never have purchased one for my use anywhere. To each his own indeed.

I know personally of people that were targeted since their clothing was noted as high end. They were robbed and quickly left the DR.

I was once in a band called Tattoo . I wonder what will happen to the Tattoo Killer.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
My 2nd wife, long deceased, worked for Raytheon and did the assembly drawing for the stinger missile as one of her tasks. Her father was the owner of three large tea plantations in Sri Lanka with one being where Elephant Walk had some scenes. She had no desire to purchase high end clothing, but could design and make it herself. I was a design engineer on many projects including the lead on the electronics for an M1A2 Abrams tank autoloader to replace the short guy feeding in the rounds. I then went into technical sales and sold to all of the military companies from coast to coast and in several allied foreign countries as was as JPL, NASA and the NSA. I have no desire for any high end stuff. I never had that desire. When I wear a watch it is an Armitron or other plastic cased water resistant electronic watch since I prefer accuracy. I only recently, about a year ago got a smart phone since it was gifted to me and Vonage no longer worked well in the DR. Until then I had no cell phone while in the DR and never have purchased one for my use anywhere. To each his own indeed.

I know personally of people that were targeted since their clothing was noted as high end. They were robbed and quickly left the DR.

I was once in a band called Tattoo . I wonder what will happen to the Tattoo Killer.
Story stealer!

Reactions: Buzzard

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I am well aware of the price of a Rolex submariner date both new and used slim! I know of no grown man who will wear a "fake Rolex" maybe you do.
Why not ? Women have fake boobs, fake nails, fake eyelashes , tummy tucks and fake asses.
If they can attract men with all that what's one little ol fake watch ?

Reactions: jd426