AirBnB Prohibits Parties Permanently

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
money talks! I don't know of any gated community on the North Coast that does not rent out large houses to groups of men and their chicas. Even the most exclusive communities. They may not use the airbnb platform they just use the cold cash platform.
9 out of 10 optometrist recommend taking off the Chica googles once a week or risk going blind.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
More and more condo associations and gated communities are banning Airbnb rentals since so many hosts seem to have a complete lack of common sense and respect for their neighbors when it comes to large groups and parties.

Reactions: chicagoan14

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
money talks! I don't know of any gated community on the North Coast that does not rent out large houses to groups of men and their chicas. Even the most exclusive communities. They may not use the airbnb platform they just use the cold cash platform.
Hey, the weekend and holiday ghetto-way folks are welcome in Casa Linda anyday... apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey and Big

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Define "Party"

Reactions: Conchman

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I am going to need more comprehensive wording as to what exactly constitutes a party. Does 1 loud and drunk guy put your event over the line? Are all birthday parties a party? What is the minimum amount of people needed to form a party? If your event doesn't aggravate the neighbors or cause any damage, is that a party? Is an orgy a party? So many questions.

Reactions: Conchman

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I am going to need more comprehensive wording as to what exactly constitutes a party. Does 1 loud and drunk guy put your event over the line? Are all birthday parties a party? What is the minimum amount of people needed to form a party? If your event doesn't aggravate the neighbors or cause any damage, is that a party? Is an orgy a party? So many questions.

Great minds think alike.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
How would they enforce that?
They can't. airbnb has gotten way bossy and intrusive over the last few years. I actually quit advertising on them because of that.

Having said that, I wouldn't want a house full of drunk party goers in a rental house. I've denied rentals to them in the past, you can usually tell who is going to be trouble.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

There are a few. I had a buyer be denied a purchase of a condo because he showed up with a chica that wasn't his wife or "permanant" girlfriend. The Sales Admin (a dominicana) took me aside and told me that they "would not sell to him". True Story.
There's a few developments that want no connection whatsoever with the North Coast p4p crowd.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
More and more condo associations and gated communities are banning Airbnb rentals since so many hosts seem to have a complete lack of common sense and respect for their neighbors when it comes to large groups and parties.
They also don't care for the owners of the apartments/houses on Airbnb. Case in point, from June 28, 2022:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They also don't care for the owners of the apartments/houses on Airbnb. Case in point, from June 28, 2022:

I would say be suspicious before booking to big groups from Boston.
Some groups of people don't know how to act and have no respect for other people's property.
And who wants to book into a place after a bunch of dirty party-goers trash and leave a place filthy?
But trying to prevent parties seems an impossible task to be patrolled and enforced.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They can't. airbnb has gotten way bossy and intrusive over the last few years. I actually quit advertising on them because of that.
Indeed. They have become "WOKE". It is rather sickening to me to see the changes over time.
Having said that, I wouldn't want a house full of drunk party goers in a rental house. I've denied rentals to them in the past, you can usually tell who is going to be trouble.
Same here.

We have always had a strict "No Chica/No Sanky" policy so the type of parties some seem to have trouble understanding what they might be are not possible at our place. We live full time on the same property, so in our case enforcement is going to happen.

Doesn't matter much anymore, Airbnb hardly provide any leads with their massive growth in listings and the ones they do are frequently from dull norms who should never leave their apartments in Mom's basement. Airbnb has gone so far down hill.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There are a few. I had a buyer be denied a purchase of a condo because he showed up with a chica that wasn't his wife or "permanant" girlfriend. The Sales Admin (a dominicana) took me aside and told me that they "would not sell to him". True Story.
There's a few developments that want no connection whatsoever with the North Coast p4p crowd.
Toto, we aren't in Kansas any more, eh?

Certainly not the Woke States of America.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
where was this place? Vatican city. Even the most expensive gated communities have gentleman that rent the entire mansion to host numerous chica laden pool parties. I might add with the blessing of the owner even supplying a cook. They are also loyal return customers, for years. Almost all hotels are chica friendly only requiring the chica to leave her cedula. Airbnb can do what they want with their platform, but the cash will find eager hands.