Possible? - Canada to DR Without a Mask

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
DR has no mask requirement on flights coming in or out, so if masks were required it would be because of Canadian regs or the Canadian airline's regs.

Fiji

Jul 7, 2022
Canada
Thanks Maria. Unforunately I can't find any airline that isn't Canadian (mask required) or stops in US (jab required). Well, i found Icelandair, but it goes to the wrong island :)

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
British Airways via London? No mask requirement or jab requirement, certainly from the UK to DR and I think from Canada to the UK. It's a bit extreme but if it is the only option then maybe you can combine with a visit to some long-lost relative in the UK.

Can I suggest that you post this on Flyertalk? It's a web forum for people who fly and they have so many experts on there, someone will be sure to know the answer to this one.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
My last flight into the DR was Sept of 2020. We were all "required" to wear a mask but more than half the people on the flight had them around their chins. No one seemed to make a fuss about it. At arrivals going thru customs it was no different.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I just came in last week. As soon as you step off the plane the masks came off. Going through customs, no masks either. In canada you need to wear one anywhere inside the airport. I think if you are flying private, as soon as you clear security and are on your plane its different rules. Although I have never flown on a private aircraft I have friends who do.

Reactions: CristoRey