Roommate Wanted (March and April 2023)

curly99

Feb 11, 2020
Hello

We are 2 retired Canadian professionals in late 50's (a male and female), and have a beautiful 3B villa in Cocotal golf and country club, across from the Melia Hotel in Bavaro. Its very secure and safe, lots of pools on the property of a golf club, very nice grounds.

You would have your own bedroom and private bathroom. Looking for ONE similar type person who may want to save costs by sharing a space and the electricity bill. We are in bed by midnight and up again by 7am or 8am most days. We use the kitchen every day. No loud music between 9pm and 9am so we dont bother the neighbors or break the rules here.

Please keep the common areas tidy your stuff in your own room, wash your dishes and clean up the kitchen after each use, and dont eat and drink our stuff. We dont want any parties or guests our villa. Rent is tbd based on how long you want to stay. We really just want to have a relaxed time, no drama, and looking for someone who might want to share expenses and do some things together. We have wheels and we are very familiar with the area so we can show you around too.

You do have to be very careful here because there are many predators and we are not kidding. Its even worse now than ever before so you must stay aware. We will watch out for each other. Email me with your details and I will provide photos.

Curley and Moe

Curleyninenine@gmail.com

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Wouldn't two retired Canadian professionals be wanting to enjoy their villa without seeking a stranger on a forum?
Nice that you retired young but seeking a stranger to share your space is a recipe to find the next Jeffrey Dahmer.

Maybe the title of the thread should be
"Curley & Moe - looking for our Larry Fine to complete the Three Stooges"

curly99

Feb 11, 2020
Wouldn't two retired Canadian professionals be wanting to enjoy their villa without seeking a stranger on a forum?
Nice that you retired young but seeking a stranger to share your space is a recipe to find the next Jeffrey Dahmer.

Maybe the title of the thread should be
"Curley & Moe - looking for our Larry Fine to complete the Three Stooges"
Thanks for your support. No wonder nobody recommends this forum.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
OP, you are probably better off putting this on some of the FB pages for Bavaro, etc...

Reactions: chico bill

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
When I first read this post a coupe days ago I thought it was a joke. Now it seems that you are actually serious about finding a person to meet your ridiculous rules and guidelines. Face book is an option but you might want to rethink some of your control issues.
Whatever you decide good luck and keep us advised. We all love a good laugh here.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Big

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I can guarantee one thing here. If they find someone to take them up on this with the rules published it will be the worst thing that can happen to them. The person they hire will have BAD INTENTIONS. Houses here have been known to be totally cleaned out at the first opportunity. This is not the South of France, but the Dominican Republic..................

Reactions: chico bill

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
If I were looking, I don't see a problem with their rules. It's not my exact schedule but I could live with a small modification. Clean should be a no-brainer for us adultos. No guests could be a problem for some, but that wouldn't bother me. I just don't see how those rules are onerous for ancianos. Under 30, sure. But I'm guessing they wouldn't want anyone that young.

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
If I were looking, I don't see a problem with their rules. It's not my exact schedule but I could live with a small modification. Clean should be a no-brainer for us adultos. No guests could be a problem for some, but that wouldn't bother me. I just don't see how those rules are onerous for ancianos. Under 30, sure. But I'm guessing they wouldn't want anyone that young.
The last paragraph is what would scare me away. I go by the theory that " if you feel unsafe, you are probably right" so I wouldn't be comfortable being on the lookout for predators.

Reactions: irishpaddy

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The last paragraph is what would scare me away. I go by the theory that " if you feel unsafe, you are probably right" so I wouldn't be comfortable being on the lookout for predators.
the whole post is a hoot. "Two retired people in their late 50s looking for a roommate", maybe if they were 20-year-old surfers or red cross volunteers.

Reactions: melphis