Trial of Jennifer Joaquin

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
She was charged with three murder of her Dutch husband Roy Tinteren in 2019. I understand the trial started recently, but can find no information online. Does anyone have information on what has occurred in court?

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I haven't been able to find anything, on facebook looking at people i might know she popped up.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Finally. They received 30 years yesterday

Collegiate court of Puerto Plata, issues a sentence of 30 and 8 years in prison, accused of murder.
Puerto Plata.- The collegiate court of Puerto Plata issued a sentence of 30 years in prison for the murder of the foreigner Roy Vantinteren, to those named Jennifer Joaquin Vantinteren (wife of the victim) and her lover Marcos Gomez, in addition to the payment of 5 million pesos as compensation each, likewise sentenced the accomplice Juan Alejandro to 8 years, of which 5 years will be spent in jail and 3 suspended.
The conviction of the latter will be carried out in this way by an existing agreement between the prosecution and the same, which occurred in the administration of Osvaldo Bonilla.
The civil party on the part of the victim was made up of the lawyer and journalist Luis José Gómez (Luigi) who highlighted the professionalism and integrity of the acting prosecutors Karen Lidia Santana and Wilkins Díaz who together with Mariela Hernández and Kelvin Infante did an excellent job.
Mr. Gómez stated that he never agreed with what was agreed with one of those sentenced today, the jurist understands that the public prosecutor should have requested more years of imprisonment for the death of Mr. Roy Vantinteren more than 4 years ago, who died from three bullet wounds inflicted by the defendants.
In his speech, he made clear his concern about the great wave of crimes committed by many young people. And finally, he applauds the decision attached to the ethics of the judges of said court.
Facebook: News Focus
Instagram: @enfoquedelasnoticias

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
There was also her young son,who had very significant challenges and who Roy had been supporting.
In all these murder cases I always wonder how the children left behind make out.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
IMG_2588.jpeg

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Do I understand this correctly to say that all of the defendants got a total of 68 years in prison? Assuming 2 other defendants, this would average about 23 years each. What are their chances of early parole in a murder case?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Do I understand this correctly to say that all of the defendants got a total of 68 years in prison? Assuming 2 other defendants, this would average about 23 years each. What are their chances of early parole in a murder case?

Correct. Here they like to say the total amount of time given to them. So if one got 2 years and the other got 40 years, they'd say they received 42 years.
Kinda odd, IYAM.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I look at her photo and I just have a hard time how someone can seem so nonchalant.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I look at her photo and I just have a hard time how someone can seem so nonchalant.
Watch the video. Cold-blooded as hell.

Speaking of murderers, I wonder if Freddie is still on his hunger strike?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
If you go back to the ORININAL Thread on this ... she must have had a LOT of people Fooled.
I was one of them .. I re read some of my posts there .
They seemed like a Happy Couple ... their Facebook page at the time just filled with Happy Photos ..

you just never know I guess, where Evil Lurks
She has to be a total Psychopath to be so cool about it .

Reactions: NanSanPedro

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
The Name of the game in this country is hit and run otherwise known as wham bam thank you maam. and never bring them to your house. cabana 20 bucks tell them you speak no spanish
Sad, I've mentioned old Roy as an example in many of my posts. There is no way a hot young Dominican poa is going to magically fall in love with some old cat gringo. He played the game. Maybe he knew the risks. Who knows, he's long gone now, thanks to another puta sting operation. Knight is cliche but correct. The odds of true love for Ole Roy were like getting in a plane crash. Setups in the cabaña is another favorite of mine. These girls call the chulo on the way to the San Isidro ghetto cabaña strip and poor gringo guy is doomed. Also happens frequently to the cheating Dominican! You grow up with no father watching your mother parade different guys in and out of her bed weekly, this is what you create. Old Roy could have mitigated risk with someone his age, but even then...

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Sad, I've mentioned old Roy as an example in many of my posts. There is no way a hot young Dominican poa is going to magically fall in love with some old cat gringo. He played the game. Maybe he knew the risks. Who knows, he's long gone now, thanks to another puta sting operation. Knight is cliche but correct. The odds of true love for Ole Roy were like getting in a plane crash. Setups in the cabaña is another favorite of mine. These girls call the chulo on the way to the San Isidro ghetto cabaña strip and poor gringo guy is doomed. Also happens frequently to the cheating Dominican! You grow up with no father watching your mother parade different guys in and out of her bed weekly, this is what you create. Old Roy could have mitigated risk with someone his age, but even then...
yes unfortunatly it starts very early in life.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
This brings to mind a couple of thoughts:
1. Does the advise ( sage advise ) of the members of DR1 given to others really mean anything or is the hell bent individual going to go full steam ahead no matter what?
2. Would reading chapter and verse of this event change the mind of a individual from proceeding ahead with the same circumstances?
3. What makes a person think that they are in anyway different?

I read a number of comments regarding the subject on twitter. They all read the same. You know ,the standard lines. But what is of great interest to me is this will happen again, dozens of times more,maybe not end in murder, but something close. Certainly life changing.

Just saying.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
This brings to mind a couple of thoughts:
1. Does the advise ( sage advise ) of the members of DR1 given to others really mean anything or is the hell bent individual going to go full steam ahead no matter what?
2. Would reading chapter and verse of this event change the mind of a individual from proceeding ahead with the same circumstances?
3. What makes a person think that they are in anyway different?

I read a number of comments regarding the subject on twitter. They all read the same. You know ,the standard lines. But what is of great interest to me is this will happen again, dozens of times more,maybe not end in murder, but something close. Certainly life changing.

Just saying.
What feeds are you reading on Twitter?