Authorising treatment using an app

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I went to see a doctor a couple of days ago and he wanted me to have a lot of tests and gave me a prescription for some medication. And we all know the process is usually that you go to a laboratory and wait in line to speak to someone, and then wait forever while they call the insurance company and get an authorisation. And then rinse and repeat in the pharmacy.

And then I discovered Humano's App. You just add a request for authorisation, take a photo of the doctor's paper, and submit it. I got the authorisation back incredibly quickly (3 mins), you can then view and download the voucher and it makes the process a lot quicker at the lab and the pharmacy. So if you have insurance and haven't tried this, it's definitely worth a go next time you need it.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
And then I discovered Humano's App. You just add a request for authorisation, take a photo of the doctor's paper, and submit it.

MAPFRE SALUD has …(or had ) a similar app …We used it until we found ( in our case) that the doctor was ordering truckloads of tests we didn’t need ….but that’s another story ….plus …we weren’t comfortable with the data privacy part …i.e….the fact that the app kept personal info , history of tests, dates, charges from doctor visits etc …data all archived somewhere and used by whoever . Dropped doctor…dropped MAPFRE …deleted app. Growing up , only Doctor Evans knew about that rash …and we knew where he lived 😬😬😩

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
But when you go to the testing center they enter all the details of the tests required into a computer and then call and the insurance company enters the details into their database. It's exactly the same database if you use the app.