Sto. Dom. -- Influenza Vaccine Availability?

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Hello All,

Generally I obtain my free influenza vaccine (with passport) at La Salud Publica. Sure, I could go there and ask but it would be a wasted trip if it's not available. While googling, the only concrete information I can find is an El Diario article from today, Oct. 20, then says there is no anticipated date and that it will be available "in weeks." Of course, if that's true, that's bad news. Sometimes there are private clinics (paid) that have better availability.

Any information? If no one here knows, eventually I'll just go there and ask and report back here.

Thanks.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Thanks for this. I see that it's in the mall Plaza Megacentro on the east side of Sto. Dom. across the river--a nice mall with great food in the cafeteria (the last time I went there). I see that it's a new facility that's been open for one month. Over the years, I've done very well at Amadita Labs. They even have 24 hour sites. This could be their first clinic devoted to vaccinations. Unfortunately, as is typical in the D.R., my wife was on the phone for 45 minutes, called twice, and they never answered her call. So if she can't get through, that means we have to pay money to go there without knowing cost or availability. That's life in the D.R. But great. Thanks for this.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Look into Lab Referencias too. They and Amadita are the top two.