1 AM Attack At STI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
He is a licensed driver in the taxi association in Sosua. I don't know what you are getting at, but he does go to STI a lot. We use him for renters at El Neptuno We have a lot of renters, especially from Abb, and many of them come and go through STI

Did the Uber drivers give you an explanation?
No they didn't say why. However, in the past I have noticed with STI they will not even get out to help with my suit case in the trunk at departure, its like get out of the area ASAP.

Reactions: CristoRey

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
If he is a TOURIST TAXI then he should have not issues with STI taxi union, both unions are under the same umbrella.

Taxi turístico diferent sindicatos but same gremio.

I used to transport tourist all over DR under a Transporte Turístico registration.
This is a license to pickup passengers anywhere in the island but transport must be previously arranged and endorsed by a printed document which we call in DR Carta de Ruta o Orden de servicio.

JJ

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No they didn't say why. However, in the past I have noticed with STI they will not even get out to help with my suit case in the trunk at departure, its like get out of the area ASAP.
From what I have read, Uber is a very sore subject with the taxi union and it has been trying its best to keep it out. Recently the court gave Uber the right to operate, but that doesn't mean they are friendly. I suspect your situation is related to that and the belief it is better for them to be off the road when it gets dark

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Court gave Uber the right to operate but only in the cities not in the tourist areas.

Taxi union won't welcome Uber units in areas like Sosua / Playa Dorada / Cabarete or STI.

JJ

Reactions: CristoRey

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
This was not a Taxi union war like some people are trying to make it look like.

I just confirmed the incident by phone with Sosua Tourist Taxi union supervisor.

JJ

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
This was not a Taxi union war like some people are trying to make it look like.

I just confirmed the incident by phone with Sosua Tourist Taxi union supervisor.

JJ
What are you talking about? Where did a possible taxi war involving Uber and Sosua come into the conversation? Please point me to the post(s)

• Wow
Reactions: Tamborista

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
What are you talking about? Where did a possible taxi war involving Uber and Sosua come into the conversation? Please point me to the post(s)
Read all the posts.
Posting # 39 to be specific.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
KEN you shouldn't start this tread with out prior investigation, I don't want to detail all I know but looks like this tourist was set up.
He is not a regular tourist but he is sn investor who have workers waiting for him in Sosua.

JJ

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I know more than you think. The only thing you said that I agree with is that he is not a regular visitor. However, the friends that arrived earlier in the day that he was coming to meet are and the taxi was arranged for at their request.

Regarding investigating before posting makes me laugh. I posted information of interest. If someone wants to turn it into a novel, so be it.

You will be getting no more on this from me.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I prefer to read about the overstay chart for the 1 million time on how its going to change

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
It happened, and I can site my source, including the name of the Sosua driver who I am sure some of you know

But it is interesting to me to see that people think that that what may be the first incident in the the middle of the night, last night, would have been picked up by the New York Times and turned into an international incident. i guess I have lived too long in the Dominican Republic
so the source is a story, an anecdote?

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
the smart money waits a few hours then goes in the daytime.
A definite pita but the added price for that cheap flight landing at 2 am.
Yes, some people stay in a motel five minutes from the airport until day time.

JJ

Reactions: jd426

Antiguo

Nov 12, 2021
Mexico
Yes, some people stay in a motel five minutes from the airport until day time.

JJ
The few times I've caught one of those flights I stayed in a cabaña then caught the early bus. Cheaper than a taxi back then and safer even if less convenient. Since then I fly into the closest airport and treat the added flight cost, if there is one, as the price for convenience, and now safety.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You get what you pay for and sometimes more than you want...........................

Reactions: Grampa

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
KEN you shouldn't start this tread with out prior investigation, I don't want to detail all I know but looks like this tourist was set up.
He is not a regular tourist but he is sn investor who have workers waiting for him in Sosua.

JJ
A LOT of crime is somehow an inside job. Somebody you know mentions something to someone else, next thing you know you get robbed. The less people that know your plans the better, even family. Need to know basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A LOT of crime is somehow a inside job. Somebody you know mentions something to someone else, next thing you know you get robbed. The less people that know your plans the better, even family. Need to know basis.
Above is right. Also anyone working in the airport can make a cell call when a nice "mark" comes in. Just a bad idea to save money on middle of the night flights....................

Reactions: Grampa and Ken
Status
Not open for further replies.