10 Yr Residency

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My wife just did this... this morning

9am at Migracion.....residency & cedula done by 11am....

We sent all the paperwork to the lawyer in advance and just showed up for the final chapter
Pretty easy.........

Reactions: CristoRey and habi

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Is there a number of 4 years you need beforer the 10 is given, or is it an option after the first 4 year renewal? TIA

Santiago DR

Aug 31, 2022
Embrujo 3 Santiago
Or if money is tight you can do it all online except for getting your Residency card which entails a trip to STO DGO. With only a slightly melodramatic use of a walker instead of a cane I did mine in 35 minutes. You can get your cedula either in STO DGO or Santiago. Call the DGM office as I found them to be very helpful. Yep I said they are very helpful and seem like they have heard every question before.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
10 yrs of residency I think....before getting the 10yr

We sent all the paperwork to the lawyer in advance and just showed up for the final chapter
Pretty easy.........
What were her qualifications?
Property owned, time here, certain amount in bank?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thx so much WW. I think I qualify. I have at least 6 one years plus a 4 yrs. You can now get the card in Santiago? Is this true? But you still have to go to SD for cedula? I've always gone to SD to be there when they open, have everything in order and on to cedula and back on the road by 11 to North Coast.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Look at the Definitiva Residency thread

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
10 years later and still with renewals and trips to SDand more headaches. Its no wonder so many will just pay the exit fees and be done with it.

Reactions: cavok and aarhus

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
10 years later and still with renewals and trips to SDand more headaches. Its no wonder so many will just pay the exit fees and be done with it.
It must be the legal profession who is in favor of this system and keeps some bureaucrats working. Who else benefits from it.

Reactions: rogerjac

habi

Oct 17, 2015

Pretty easy.........
Just did mine yesterday.
No lawyer just did follow the instructions from the website. Selected Puerto Plata for the paperwork at the start. Upload all the stuff they asked for. Waited 2 weeks until i was told all is ok and now i can pay online if i want what i did. Then they provided me with the date for my appointment (12:00) in Santo Domingo. After confirming that they actually did call to confirm the date again! Also got a reminder the day before the appointment via SMS and they did call again.... Bring your passport., Cedula and residencia and the paperwork.
So got there yesterday 11.30 and yes I actually got to the counter at 12. Had to show them the Passport and residencia and provide one copy of each (yes i got plenty more....:rolleyes:). Photo and fingerprints where done 12:23. Then the wait started.... it was quite busy and took till almos 2 pm until i got my card...
Of to the JCE. Just one person there in front. Went to pay (CC) with the nice surprise that it was only 4000 pesos for the 10 years (according to the women there the reason for that was that my cedula was not expired and she was saying something like an incentive to make sure that the people renew on time...).

In all a easy process and lets hope it stays like that!
The icing of the cake would be that they finally would make it possible to do everything in Puerto Plata like they promised in the beginning of 2022....
:cool: