100 convicts dropped in SD from the US

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I think it is fair to say most learn crime from the US.

In the USA yes, from the USA NO. If they decide to take the easy road thats their choice, but then they need to live with the consequences. Almost all are over the age of 18 therefore they could have became citizens instead of either green card holders, or illegal, thereby saving them from deportation. Sorry no simpathy.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
In the USA yes, from the USA NO. If they decide to take the easy road thats their choice, but then they need to live with the consequences. Almost all are over the age of 18 therefore they could have became citizens instead of either green card holders, or illegal, thereby saving them from deportation. Sorry no simpathy.

Fair comment. I think the argument is more about 'if'. Would these guys be the same no matter where they were brought up, or did they get sucked into the whole Gangster dream BS that they all seem to be obsessed with in the DR. The impact on the youth is incredible, the clothes the music the gun culture the swagger the talk, it is more American than Dominican, isn't it?
You try taking a picture of a Dominican over 5 and under 35 who won't be flashing some gangster sigage with his hands that he has no idea of what the means are.
It is so in your face I truly don't know what the identity of these guys are, it is so Americanized, or do we just keep saying that but in actual fact that level of those Dominicans are fkd up anyway, without the infuence of the US. I don't know, I just see the same BS everywhere. I know they think the American dream is real, but surely those that get caught up and sent back know better. Maybe that is the reason they settle down once back, as mentioned above.

Last edited:

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
The impact on the youth is incredible, the clothes the music the gun culture the swagger the talk, it is more American than Dominican, isn't it?
You try taking a picture of a Dominican over 5 and under 35 who won't be flashing some gangster sigage with his hands that he has no idea of what the means are.
It is so in your face I truly don't know what the identity of these guys are

I agree, but in the US this isn't only a Dominican trait. Everyone in the hood wants to be seen as a bad a$$.
They talk, dress and behave the same way. The badest they protrait themselves to be, the cooler they think they are.
Unfortunately this is an image and behavior that is being assimilated throughout Latin America and the caribbean.

Also unfortunate, this behavior only lead to crime.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
The final post of the Tacano thread says it all really, what young men are living up to these days, truly depressing.

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
All of a sudden it just hit me.. what are we even talking about!?!?!

Point is, people who were born in the DR went to the USA. At that point these people are no "problem" for the DR but for the USA. I'm not from the DR so I know damn well I ain't supposed to commit crimes here. And if I do, the DR protects it's people from people like me.

I'm a guest in the DR, what nerves do I have to fck up this country while being a guest!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I've got the impression that most people on this site are not even Dominicans to start with.. most of y'all are from the States. Basically, if y'all would live in the States this deportation thing would be celebrated. Because the States does nothing else but protect it's own citizens from guests who fck up!

The disturbing picture would be these same guests are being released in the States again! Not for those who don't live in the States of course because then it wouldn't affect you..

xSpAnIaRdx

Jul 14, 2009
These guys dont give a sh*t. Trust me they will commit the crime and do the time, and come out all hardcore. Then will get deported back to DR where they will start the cycle all over again. They dont care they live for this. Better to lock them up permanently. We will all be better off.

From
NYPD

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
These guys dont give a sh*t. Trust me they will commit the crime and do the time, and come out all hardcore. Then will get deported back to DR where they will start the cycle all over again. They dont care they live for this. Better to lock them up permanently. We will all be better off.

From
NYPD

Truthfully, they're cheaper to educate than to house, feed, provide 'round the clock security and medical care for.

.......or we could just kill them and charge their family for the bullet. The Chinese do it every day and they're still overpopulated.

xSpAnIaRdx

Jul 14, 2009
Not necessarily the cost to society is far greater when they are released. Very few and I mean very few are actually rehabilitated in prison. What do you think they will do once they are released? They have no skills, verbal or otherwise to be able to actually hold a meaningful job.

Send them all to Arizona to Joe A.

P.S I do not believe in capital punishment.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
All of a sudden it just hit me.. what are we even talking about!?!?!

Point is, people who were born in the DR went to the USA. At that point these people are no "problem" for the DR but for the USA. I'm not from the DR so I know damn well I ain't supposed to commit crimes here. And if I do, the DR protects it's people from people like me.

I'm a guest in the DR, what nerves do I have to fck up this country while being a guest!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I've got the impression that most people on this site are not even Dominicans to start with.. most of y'all are from the States. Basically, if y'all would live in the States this deportation thing would be celebrated. Because the States does nothing else but protect it's own citizens from guests who fck up!

The disturbing picture would be these same guests are being released in the States again! Not for those who don't live in the States of course because then it wouldn't affect you..

It is a bit more complex than that.

I don?t know percentage of Dominicans in this forum, but you are right. Most have lived abroad; not necessarily the US.

Most Dominicans don?t move to the US to start new crime sprees; most go abroad to make something of themselves. Of course, there was a big wave of Dominicans, from the mid-seventies to the early nineties, whose sole ambition was to come to the US and sell drugs; to make big money and return home flaunting wealth. Some of you might remember the famous ?Cadenuses? (Dominican yorks wearing a lot of gold chains).

Drug peddling is not what it used to be in the eighties and early nineties. It is not easy to make a dime for those guys. The Capos are a different story. Since the drug business is not as lucrative as it once was, these folks have to reinvent themselves and develop other skills (mugging, hold ups, car jacking, assault, burglary, etc.) Mind you, these scums migrated with the intention to make a name for them in crime. They did not give themselves other options. They were scum and piles of s$$it to begin with.

Let?s not blame the US or any other country for this group of people.
As CC stated earlier, if you move a pile of sh$$ from one place to the next, it is still remain a pile of crap.

There is no doubt in my mind that those are the people being deported right now.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Mr. Redfish ,you are you are stupider then I thought if you actualy beleived my post on page 5.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Not necessarily the cost to society is far greater when they are released. Very few and I mean very few are actually rehabilitated in prison. What do you think they will do once they are released? They have no skills, verbal or otherwise to be able to actually hold a meaningful job.

Send them all to Arizona to Joe A.

P.S I do not believe in capital punishment.

I was just being a d!ck with the "execute them" thing. I do disagree on the issue of skills development theory of yours, though. There are plenty of "deportees" driving taxis and working at other positions in their homeland where good command of the English language is either beneficial or required.

We were all kids once and most of us did things that, if our parents knew about would have gotten our azzes kicked or may have even led us afoul of the law. Everyone makes mistakes but everyone doesn't have to become their mistakes. I believe that most people, even the most recalcitrant ones eventually wise up and get in where they fit in. I met another guy who served time in prison and was assigned to a dry cleaning plant while in. He now owns 5 dry cleaning stores. People can change.

xSpAnIaRdx

Jul 14, 2009
Your absolutely right thats why I said few are rehabilitated. Trust me most of these criminals start out young and stay that way. I know one will always find examples of those that thrived on the system and so on. But the fact remains one has a greater probability of coming out of prison a bigger animal then when they got in. I'm just saying keep them in prison for a min of 30 years. That way when they do get out there free swinging days would be over. And all of us will be better off.

jackcrew

Aug 5, 2010
What is all this talk about rehabilitation? The purpose of prison is to punish. A person steals, rapes, robs, peddles drugs, etc., is not sent to prison to learn valuable new job skills; but to forfiet years of personal freedom in a bad environment. Sometimes they might earn a GED, but that is because the state feels a person with a job in the end will have a better chance of contributing to society. In the end, most head back to prison because soceity (for better or worse) seldom will hire a released inmate.

Someone said you move sh!t from one place to another is still sh!t. True, but sometimes sh!t can be used for fertilizer. Occasionally the immigrant who has no job in the DR, does not speak English, has a rudimentary education, has no marketable skills, etc., can find work and become a productive citizen here. But the odds are stacked against them. Americans who are poor, undereducated, unskilled, and without reliable transportation will have difficulty finding productive jobs; and they speak English. So where does the Dominican immigrant find employment? No where. So they resort to crime (as do Americans in similar shoes).

Eventually those immigrants are punished in US prisons and returned to the DR. Now the Dominican Republic must deal with them. They are still poor, undereducated, unskilled but now speak two languages. If they cannot find a suitable job, they will again resort to criminal behavior. Basically nothing has changed in thier lives except they have learned English.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
What is all this talk about rehabilitation? The purpose of prison is to punish. A person steals, rapes, robs, peddles drugs, etc., is not sent to prison to learn valuable new job skills; but to forfiet years of personal freedom in a bad environment. Sometimes they might earn a GED, but that is because the state feels a person with a job in the end will have a better chance of contributing to society. In the end, most head back to prison because soceity (for better or worse) seldom will hire a released inmate.

Someone said you move sh!t from one place to another is still sh!t. True, but sometimes sh!t can be used for fertilizer. Occasionally the immigrant who has no job in the DR, does not speak English, has a rudimentary education, has no marketable skills, etc., can find work and become a productive citizen here. But the odds are stacked against them. Americans who are poor, undereducated, unskilled, and without reliable transportation will have difficulty finding productive jobs; and they speak English. So where does the Dominican immigrant find employment? No where. So they resort to crime (as do Americans in similar shoes).

Eventually those immigrants are punished in US prisons and returned to the DR. Now the Dominican Republic must deal with them. They are still poor, undereducated, unskilled but now speak two languages. If they cannot find a suitable job, they will again resort to criminal behavior. Basically nothing has changed in thier lives except they have learned English.

Dude! Welcome to the 21st century!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

It's not a "Penal system". It's a "corrections system". Learning English can be the difference between success and failure. Learning anything can be the difference between success and failure. Once a person has "paid their debt to society" that should be it. Debt paid, clean slate, let it go.

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
I thought I had made it clear that I can not compare the DR to the US as I have never lived in the US. What is your point, other than over emphasis on your travels, military background and Dominican family connections who have never heard of anyone disappearing before:tired:.

Infact don't answer that, I get it, you've been around the world like many of us, you've seen it all, I get it.

What I get is that cynics usually have nothing but cynicism to share.

Doc T

Dec 21, 2011
It's like the American Jail system is a place for Dominicans to go and achieve higher learning in crime. They go, do the pre-master on the street and then go to school/prison for as long as they're sentenced. Then they come back home with valuable knowledge on how to **** up an already bad situation and exploit whatever is left.