10th Census set to start on 10 November 2022

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
X-Censo-RD-Pagina-Oficial-1024x670.png

The 2022 National Census is being protested by opposition political leaders. The opponents request the postponing of the Census, others criticize questions being asked to compile the data.

Why the opposition? An op-ed feature in Diario Libre has some explanations. Constitutional law expert Cristóbal Rodríguez Gómez writes in Diario Libre that the census will provide updated demographical data meaning more city councilors and more deputy positions in Congress. This could result in a strengthening of the government position in Congress, with the election in the 2024 general election of more legislators, changing the political party composition of the present Congress. The increase in membership could result in the government party reaching the number of legislators needed to pass constitutional amendments, for instance.

One of the most vocal opponents of the census, is former...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Be aware X Census takers will wear a blue vest, blue cap, and a cardnet with the X Censo on it (see below). The card et will have a QR code. This will be the first census done via tablets instead of pen and paper. Census takers are obligated to do the data gathering from 8am to 5pm from Nov 10 to Nov 23.

Any issues call *462.

B8447B0F-0D53-4C6D-BBE7-CF43D49FF106.jpeg

Anyone without the vest, the cap, the cardnet, and the tablet claiming to be a census taker isn't.

Reactions: JD Jones

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The census has been extended to November 30.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
All this suggests that many houses had not been counted as I wrote and also increases the risk of double counting as others have suggested . I can see many risks in using tablets to record the information . I am sure that computer experts could present a balanced appraisal of this method in this country.