120 day Visa for Visitors

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
That is a question for the lawyer who is following this thread and is going to respond later this week.
That’s the funny thing here ask all you want you will still get different opinion from different lawyer.. 4 yrs ago gringo roundup boondoggle every lawyer had different opinion and some just said I don’t know...everything could be simple n sweet but they make it so complicated they don’t even get it sometimes..

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
That’s the funny thing here ask all you want you will still get different opinion from different lawyer.. 4 yrs ago gringo roundup boondoggle every lawyer had different opinion and some just said I don’t know...everything could be simple n sweet but they make it so complicated they don’t even get it sometimes..

Its clear, what says in the News of the DGM webpage, if they wrote in your passport 30 days and you wants to extend your stay just apply online and pay.

https://www.migracion.gob.do/Public/detail?detailid=121&menuid=44

Last edited:

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Its clear, what says in the News of the DGM webpage, if they wrote in your passport 30 days and you wants to extend your stay just apply online and pay.
Hopefully it will be in more then one language for people!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
"
The DGM clarifies that the extension of stay does not exempt the foreigner from paying for the time exceeded in national territory as established by law upon leaving the country."

So this goes against what our lawyer said. It seems like you still have to pay an exit fee with this extension.
But youre right, in typical Dominican fashion, this is beyond confusing.

I think you're right....

Yes - you still pay...

BUT

You have been granted permission to stay - different than overstay

In fact - it is as if when you pay in advance (the new procedure) you become legal until your time runs out

Like feeding a parking meter -- How long will you be staying ? And pay
when the meter runs out - you get ticket
but you're safe until then

My analogy..........

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Well I applied online , program is a bit quirky but works ...for instance had to take street number of street name to go forward, emails sent automatically to my inbox ,keep you guys apprised to what happens next..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
here's the approval
===========================

Hi everyone

Just to let you know our online application was approved this morning

However it gives you the option to pay Not sure whether to pay online or at the airport. They give you an official document which a legal status of stay in DR with an end date-incidentally far later than what we requested. This is what it says, then you download the official document

Aproved
Your application has been approved, remember that at the time of going through the airport you will be charged an amount for the corresponding stay rate or you have the option to pay online through sirite.

sirite-button.svg
Make your payment by pressing the SIRITE button

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
here's the approval

Hi everyone

However it gives you the option to pay Not sure whether to pay online or at the airport. They give you an official document which a legal status of stay in DR with an end date-incidentally far later than what we requested. This is what it says, then you download the official document

Aproved
Your application has been approved, remember that at the time of going through the airport you will be charged an amount for the corresponding stay rate or you have the option to pay online through sirite.

sirite-button.svg

I would pay online, and skip the extra line for that. Great

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Exactly. But where do you pick up this official document?

Download it to your cell phone? Print it out if you want? I hope the two computer applications (this and the one the airports use) share the same database... Just guesswork....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It really solves problems for those visitors needing a longer stay...

Residency.... another kettle of fish

A winter visitor... that's all they need

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Got email today saying for mine...

Pending approval

Your application is evaluated and is in the process of approval by the General Directorate of Migration

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Seems to a solution for many if not most.........
It should work for thousands of people if it really is as stated and as we think we understand it!

Now what happens to those who are not proactive? Or those that want to stay for 5 or 6 months? Or to those that just live in the DR and exit once in a while without having residency?

I do realize the last two groups, 6 month snowbirds and full time illegal aliens, are fairly small in number. I just wonder if there will ever be ramifications for those that "live" here and never obtained residency.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Most people want an extended stay.... 60-120 days

If you want residency - another fish....

This suits the bulk of visitors, I guess....
a really good solution

If/when my friend posts his extension, we all will see how official it is
here is what he says about his extension 'papers' when challenged about the authenticity

Well unless I am totally stupid, this document is a signed statement from the "Ministerio de Interior y Policia" from DGM quoting passport nos. address etc stating quite clearly our application has been approved and whilst we only asked to stay till the 26 April they have in fact extended our stay up to and including the 8 June 2020 This document is signed by the Director General Maximo W. Munoz Delgado

Paying for the extension seem very logical to me
you want 120 days for the same price as 30 ??
Bad business....
Length of stay varies --- and so does the cost of the stay

Maybe one day it will be a daily fee.....

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
here's the approval

Hi everyone

Aproved

sirite-button.svg

Did you have a return ticket and did they ask for it?