14 PN Officers Dismissed In Sosua & Cabarete

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
SOSUA, Puerto Plata. - The attorney representing the German Peter Brunck, Issabella Silvey and others, presented evidence demonstrating compromising performance and brutal violation committed by a group of police officers who acted in Sosua arrest foreign group during the irregular searches conducted in the residential La Mulata 3, in this township.

Despite the claim of German detainees to be shown the court order that supported the violent penetration of a group of officers led by Colonel Raymundo de la Rosa Ogando, they never showed judicial support for that performance which showed one of the cruelest forms of police brutality.

The insistent cries for help and assistance issued the two men and a woman arrested by German police who took the Mulata 3 were based brutally silenced sticks, punches and kicks produced against him by officers and their commanders, that were never accompanied by a judicial officer.
Costa Verde DR

-------

In other words, no search warrant and no Fiscal.

Bolding mine ^^^^ That's what I was wondering.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
First time I've seen this video:

[video=youtube;QAafCqsOP7k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAafCqsOP7k&feature=player_embedded#at=654[/video]

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Watched it on youtube and this is the comment provided with the video. You can also go full screen. This is some pretty nasty stuff.

Published on Aug 15, 2013
ESTO FUE UN ROBO A MANOS ARMADAS......
Este Video muestra la realidad de lo que ocurri? en el residencial La Mulata 3 de Sos?a, Puerto Plata, donde la Polic?a Dominicana realiz? un SUPUESTO (Allanamiento) sin Fiscal.
Balearon a un Jardinero de nacionalidad Haitiana y Asesinaron a un Ciudadano Alem?n.
En un hecho que deja claro que esto fue un ASALTO..... se llevaron Mas de 60 Millones de Pesos.... $1.5 Millones de Dolares, Ademas cargaron con las joyas y mas cosas de valor.... ....... ESTO FUE UN ROBO.... ESTA ES LA VERDAD......

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The video looks like a typical Dominican cluster fuk.

Its the worst 'arrest' I have ever seen. You can hear shots in the beginning, but only later in the video is someone crying for a medic. I couldn't really tell what was going on, did somebody get shot in this video?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Over 16,600 comments on YouTube since it was published at around... noon today.

I don't have any idea if that is a lot or not.

Let's hope that it's enough to get some some big exposure.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this case is sure developing fast:
Z 101
3 of the officers involved get a year of prision preventiva....

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Im sorry - my spanish isnt good enough to fully understand whats happening here?

Can anyone give us "idiots" a brief outline/translation?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
translation of what? the last link only?

A year of preventative prison was imposed, as a coercive measure, against the former National Police officers accused of assaulting several German citizens and one Haitian, during a raid to residential La Mulata III, in Sosua, Puerto Plata province in October , 2012.

The measure was passed by the judge of the Permanent Service Department Trial Court of Puerto Plata, Osiris Reyes Vega, and was imposed on the former colonels Raymundo de la Rosa Ogando, Roberto Salcedo Santos and former first deputy Odennis Feliz Reyes.

The former officers are accused of assaulting Peter Brunk Germans, Gunther Peter Lauer and Petit Brake Ragaud during an illegal search without the presence of a prosecutor, in which police officers have stolen goods worth 60 million pesos.

google translate worked pretty good here.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
August 15th.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2013/8/15/48641/Chief-denies-the-National-Polices-collapse

Chief denies the National Police's collapse

Santo Domingo.- National Police chief Manuel Castro on Wednesday called for "patience" just hours after a prestigious organization asked that president Danilo Medina intervene the ?collapsed? law enforcement agency.

He denied the affirmation by Institutionalism and Justice Foundation (Finjus) vice president Servio Tulio Casta?os, that the recent scandals had collapsed the National Police.

Castro said the Police is being reformed and modernized, as announced recently by several cabinet ministers. "We?re implementing a new management model where we?ve been emphatic that all wrong practice committed will be punished internally. We?re in a reform and transparency process for which we have to be a little patient because it's a process."

Casta?os? statement referred to the scandal in Sosua, Puerto Plata, on which Castro affirms the Police acted with due diligence to clarify the incident. "Whenever there?s a complaint or any claim of misuse of force, the National Police immediately conducts an investigation and it first fires its members, and then forced into retirement."

Bolding mine.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is the problem. They need to throw in jail and prosecute, not dismiss or pension off.

Time to start making a few examples, lop a few heads to show you're still the chief.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
Corruption amongst the Dominican police aside, the police in the US would have reacted with a more immediate, violent response when the Germans did not give up the gun and started fighting with the cops over possession of it.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Corruption amongst the Dominican police aside, the police in the US would have reacted with a more immediate, violent response when the Germans did not give up the gun and started fighting with the cops over possession of it.

I was thinking the same thing. When i saw all those Dominican police pointing guns at the Germans, and the Germans continued arguing, fighting with them, and not listening to them, i thought to myself..."i don't care if they don't have a search warrant with them, i don't care if they're completely wrong...right now, there are three uneducated, campesino, nervous, stupid cops with less then an 8th grade education between all of them--all pointing guns at me right now, and very nervous. I'll listen to them, i'll sit down, obey them, and wait for my chance to fight this in court...alive.

What are you going to win in arguing and fighting with a group of very nervous, uneducated, campesino cops all pointing guns at you with their fingers on the trigger?

Frank

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I was thinking the same thing. When i saw all those Dominican police pointing guns at the Germans, and the Germans continued arguing, fighting with them, and not listening to them, i thought to myself..."i don't care if they don't have a search warrant with them, i don't care if they're completely wrong...right now, there are three uneducated, campesino, nervous, stupid cops with less then an 8th grade education between all of them--all pointing guns at me right now, and very nervous. I'll listen to them, i'll sit down, obey them, and wait for my chance to fight this in court...alive.

What are you going to win in arguing and fighting with a group of very nervous, uneducated, campesino cops all pointing guns at you with their fingers on the trigger?

Frank
I thought the EXACT same thing.

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
Why for God's sake would you seek to make the behavior of US Cops something to aspire to?? Surely the police National can aim a bit higher than that.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
While the US police seems to over-react with over-force to every little grandma that talks back, the Dominican police in this instance allowed the situation to get out of control, by not being more forceful and just throwing them on the ground and jumping on top of them.

Maybe they were hesitant because they had no warrant?

Mar 1, 2009
The Germans should have called the coronel over and quietly told him here's 5000 pesos go get yourself something nice.
Then, later file the complaint.
Dumb Germans. This is Puerto Plata, not Mecklenberg!!!