14 PN Officers Dismissed In Sosua & Cabarete

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
as i said, curioser and curioser...
the procurator now claims that the total value of the confiscated goods was just under 31 million pesos out of which only 40 thousand was cash. he also says that vehicles were confiscated and are now in the possession of the police (har har).
in addition he gives more detailed description of the firearms found: Entre las armas decomisadas se encuentran fusiles calibre 5.62 mil?metros, con miras telesc?pica, bombas molotov, tres dinamitas, escopetas, pistolas, p?lvora, metralletas, rifles, arcos, flechas y silenciador de armas de fuego. in a civilian house? does not look legit, does it?

article here:
Cifran en RD$30.9 millones lo sustra?do durante allanamiento en Puerto Plata - DiarioLibre.com

another interesting development is that the pretty fiscal has been accused by fiscales adjuntas of harassment, recording their conversation and generally being a pain in the cute ass to work with.
Investigar?n la denuncia contra la fiscal de Puerto Plata - DiarioLibre.com

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in another twist of the events it is reported that the fiscales adjuntos themselves are under the investigation or suspended for alleged connections to drug traffickers...
Z 101

this case is going to be so much fun...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
in another twist of the events it is reported that the fiscales adjuntos themselves are under the investigation or suspended for alleged connections to drug traffickers...
Z 101

this case is going to be so much fun...

That should be no surprise to anyone. The fact that it is coming out and seeing the light of day is the surprise.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
actually, i imagine this is now like a domino effect. A accuses B so now B accuses C of something else to divert attention. in the meantime D, scared for his own ass accuses A and E because why the hell no. then F breaks down and points at D, B and H. and so it it goes. i think that many involved in justice system in POP are thinking of a suitable sacrifice goat...

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
From today's Sosua News:

Following irregularities in the raid held in October 2012 in La Mulata III 14 members of the National Police in Sos?a and Cabarete have been dismissed from office. Among them are two colonels, but also majors, a captain and lieutenants. It is said that after the raid 60 million pesos of precious jewelry have disappeared. This shows again that the current President Danilo Medina is serious about fighting corruption. Things are changing in the republic since taking office and for many people, the Dominicans, this gives new hope for a better future. It is also hopeful that there is now a more free press that dares to denounce abuses.

Now on the Internet, in printed press and on TV abuses are now discussed without fear.

Dismissing them is ok! But, just dismissing them will not resolve the issue. If they are implicated in a COVER UPS OR KILLING of the the GERMAN, why simply dismissing them?
Why cannot they go before a judge to answer questions?

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
I was thinking the same thing. When i saw all those Dominican police pointing guns at the Germans, and the Germans continued arguing, fighting with them, and not listening to them, i thought to myself..."i don't care if they don't have a search warrant with them, i don't care if they're completely wrong...right now, there are three uneducated, campesino, nervous, stupid cops with less then an 8th grade education between all of them--all pointing guns at me right now, and very nervous. I'll listen to them, i'll sit down, obey them, and wait for my chance to fight this in court...alive.

What are you going to win in arguing and fighting with a group of very nervous, uneducated, campesino cops all pointing guns at you with their fingers on the trigger?

Frank[/QU
He should have put his gun down, but that did not police the rights to steal and vandalize the house and hurt other people. The guys ransacked the house and killed people.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today's DR1 News [I want to know how they know what is missing, if it's all missing???]

RD$30 million not RD$60 million are missing

An inventory presented to the Attorney General Office by the German Consulate indicates that in the raid carried out in La Mulata III residential community in Sosua on 12 October 2012 the missing assets are worth around RD$31 million, not the RD$60 million in two safe boxes as originally published in the press.

Diario Libre reports that assistant prosecutor Bolivar Sanchez says that the Germans claimed that firearms, bulletproof vests, household appliances, food, clothing, watches, cameras, jewels, an armored SUV and an ambulance have gone missing. The consulate inventory is for RD$30,964,435 in assets, including RD$40,000 in cash. The inventory does not identify the firearms that were found, including grenades, dynamite and Molotov cocktails, reports Diario Libre.

Sanchez disputed the German family's attempts to present the late Peter Brunck as "an angel". He said that one of Brunck's sons had left the sect, reportedly because Brunck had raped his son's wife.

Sanchez said that on the day of the raid, the security guard refused to open the gate and that was when the shots that killed Brunck were fired, also injuring three policemen and a Haitian who worked as gardener.

Sanchez said that many of the firearms had been imported illegally by one of the sect members, a pilot whose license was cancelled. He said that Brunck was injured in a robbery in Puerto Plata two years ago, which is why he traveled in a bulletproof vehicle. He added that Brunck was linked to the murder of a lawyer. The assistant prosecutor went on to say that the Germans justified the weapons and the ambulance by saying that they were expecting war to break out and they were preparing for the end of the world.

Sanchez said that the weapons that were seized included two caliber 562mm rifles with telescopic viewers, Molotov cocktails, three sticks of dynamite, shotguns, guns, gun power, rifles, firearm silencers, professional crossbows with scopes. There was a firing practice zone in a 40-foot freight container, from where 150 used cartridges were recovered.

Sanchez told Diario Libre that the late Peter Brunck and his fellow Germans ran a religious sect in the area searched by police and judiciary. Sanchez said that Brunck and his followers had been expelled from South Africa where they operated a series of special funeral services with cold storage for dozens of bodies, suspected of being used for organ trafficking. He said however that they were not able to find proof of this kind of operation in the raid in Sosua.

Sanchez said that internal differences between the Germans themselves had led to the investigation by the authorities.

The group called themselves The Academy for Future Health. Sanchez said that the Germans who raised the alarm were Georgina Anita Irmgaard Monter, Klaus Dieter Muller, Georg Fridolin Fischer, Sylvania Fischier and Agnes Maria Mathilde Wittman who complained about Brunck's actions.

As reported in El Dia, Sanchez said that the Germans claim that 39 firearms, several cameras, a wedding ring, a gold chain and computers worth RD$30.9 million are missing, but are not claiming the other firearms that they possessed illegally.

Cifran en RD$30.9 millones lo sustra?do durante allanamiento en Puerto Plata - DiarioLibre.com

?Problemas internos de alemanes fueron detonante dar con arsenal - ElDia.com.do

El Caribe ? El caso La Mulata III, un mar de dudas

Dominican police investigate German leader of doomsday sect arrested following shootout | Fox News

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
I am telling you now if the situation was reverse, like a DOMINICAN was living in germany and got killed that way, a lot of people would have already been in PRISON. This is APPLE AND ORANGE in terms of justice in the developped worlds versus Justice in a third world country.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh, please. those dudes had a huge stock of ILLEGAL firearms. in a civilized country they'd be doing time already, instead of being freed at a laughingly low bail.

JLA1125

Aug 14, 2013
If this was the United States none of the cops would have been fired nor sentenced to prison. They would have been placed on paid administrative leave while Internal Affairs conducted an investigation. After concluding their "investigation" they would wait for a very busy news day to release their "findings" that all officers acted in self-defense and you can all go home now.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
la zeta today lists details of the accusations: Z 101
La Fiscal?a de Puerto Plata acusa a los ciudadanos alemanes de violar los art?culos 209 y 214 del C?digo Penal Dominicano, as? como los art?culos 1, 2 y 39, p?rrafo III de la Ley 36, que tipifican el delito de reuni?n armada, rebeli?n, y porte y tenencia de armas de manera ilegal en perjuicio del Estado dominicano.

most of their arsenal was legal but M16 were not. i also see a granade was found there. hopefully that's not legal in hands of civilians either.

dalark

Aug 5, 2013
Just found this in DR1's news of the day...............interesting.....sounds like someone somewhere is P@##@D OFF....

68 policemen fired, many involved with Sosua sect case

President Danilo Medina, following recommendations from the Higher Police Council, ordered the dismissal, forced retirement and/or dishonorable discharge of 68 members of the National Police, including three colonels and one lieutenant colonel. The orders also included a major, 11 captains, 34 first and second lieutenants, 11 sergeant majors and sergeants, two corporals and five privates. Many of those fired were involved in the search of the house in La Mulata III that resulted in the death of a German national and the disappearance of a large amount of cash and assets. El Nuevo Diario reports that 13 of the agents who were removed from the force were involved in this notorious case.

El Caribe newspaper writes that since Monday, 26 August General Pablo Almonte Morales has been under arrest at Police Headquarters under orders from the Higher Police Council as a result of his actions in the La Mulata III case. As the highest-ranking Police authority, the Council found that Almonte Morales acted without tact, or efficient command and control. The same criteria were applied to former National Police spokesman, General Maximo Baez Aybar and General Ney Bautista Almonte. Baez Aybar was head of Criminal Investigations and Bautista Almonte was head of Criminal Intelligence. In the case of Baez Aybar, his ten-day sentence was not served in the Police Headquarters, and "without prejudice to his functions." Bautista Almonte was only verbally punished.

PE cancela y pone en retiro a 68 miembros de la Polic?a por mala conducta - listindiario.com

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Well, bad move if you ask me! You release them on the streets so they can go and commit criminal acts
If you are giving an example, you should bring them before a judge so they can be tried