18 Straight Days Without a Covid Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This is no accident. Good planning and vaccines............

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I’d like to believe the DR Covid data is correct but, after many winters in the DR, the one thing I’ve learned is nothing is as it seems. I’ve spent a fair bit of time in the campo and know that many elderly people simply pass away and their deaths are attributed to age. Covid infection is not always identified as the cause of death.

Since the pandemic began, the previous government‘s priority was keeping the AI tourist industry alive. The new administration is following the same path. That alone, makes the data questionable.

The Omicron BA-2 variant is now world wide. More infectious and similar to BA-1 in its intensity. Not as deadly to the vaccinated but very deadly to the unvaccinated or those with pre existing medical conditions. An average of 150,000 daily infections is expected in major Canadian cities and we have some of the highest vaccination rates in the world.

The DR like many other countries including Canada is remaining wide open and cutting back on testing and tracking. In the DR, tourists continue to flow in from many countries and still do not need a vax pass to enter and only random testing at airports. It’s just a matter of time before it spreads through the DR and the death toll rises again.

If it’s true that nobody died during the past 18 days, it’s a lull, it’s not sustainable.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't agree -
How can fudging the death figures - or CV19 numbers - affect tourism?
Are you thinking that's how many or all travelers choose a destination ? I doubt they even know.

Think about the worst possible US travel advisory that was in place for the DR.... not many heeded it.
Weather , price & accessibility are the driving factors , IMO

On the flip side, the gov't wants more vaccinated people...
Fudging the sickness/death rate down would be counter productive to the goal

Reactions: SKY

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I am a firm believer that these numbers are manipulated to serve an end. Why on this planet, where the largest corporations spend billions on business intelligence software and developers to write sophisticated formulae to manipulate the data so it goes unnoticed to the layman's eye reading a moronic pie chart, would not the CDC, and country govts around the world do so? Answer: of course they do. Let's not be naive

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I don't agree -
How can fudging the death figures - or CV19 numbers - affect tourism?
Are you thinking that's how many or all travelers choose a destination ? I doubt they even know.

Think about the worst possible US travel advisory that was in place for the DR.... not many heeded it.
Weather , price & accessibility are the driving factors , IMO

On the flip side, the gov't wants more vaccinated people...
Fudging the sickness/death rate down would be counter productive to the goal
Why let FACTS get in the way of stupidity.........................

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Why let FACTS get in the way of stupidity.........................
This has absolutely nothing to do with tourism.
I'm sure those of us who live here always trust the Dominican math and believed those government Covid numbers from day one. Thanks for sharing.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I am a firm believer that these numbers are manipulated to serve an end. Why on this planet, where the largest corporations spend billions on business intelligence software and developers to write sophisticated formulae to manipulate the data so it goes unnoticed to the layman's eye reading a moronic pie chart, would not the CDC, and country govts around the world do so? Answer: of course they do. Let's not be naive
well it was indeed discovered that the numbers were in fact manipulated and the agency's started finger pointing CDC, NIH etc . Remember the double mask and rubber glove era and wipe down all items brought into the home from the store game. What a scam.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Face it - Covid lockdowns and masks mandates and endless hand sanitizing didn't kill Covid, nor was it the useless vaccines & boosters.
Nature conquered Covid and we are all better for it and need to remember that next time the politicians propose control over our lives, for any reason.

Reactions: Sandee

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I'm sure those of us who live here always trust the Dominican math and believed those government Covid numbers from day one. Thanks for sharing.
My guess is there is a segment of member on these boards that have a significant investment on the ground where it would behoove them to keep the pro govt propaganda rolling

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
My guess is there is a segment of member on these boards that have a significant investment on the ground where it would behoove them to keep the pro govt propaganda rolling
I've been hearing rumors those numbers are going to go back up (up north) around the middle of September later this year. Whether or not this government will drink the Kool-Aid again remains to be seen but I'm sure our retirees and pensioners will do just fine either way.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So you and your comrades claim that people have died from Covid in the last 18 days? Let's see you get off your axx and find ONE..............................Bet you can't...................

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So you and your comrades claim that people have died from Covid in the last 18 days? Let's see you get off your axx and find ONE..............................Bet you can't...................
Sounds good.
At the moment I'm busy trying to sell my "mr. former navy seal on a barstool" story so...
I'll have to get back to ya.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The Vaccines are preventing DEATHS , even among the UNVACCINATED ...( who were going to die in droves before ?)

Well that Certainly IS Good news , and cause to Celebrate ..

lmao

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Ehh why bother? I mean as many people here say "If it's God's will", so then why bother to vaccinate, why bother using masks? If it's your turn to go then it's your turn to go, then why bother following speed limits? Why bother using a seatbelt, or why bother following any other laws/guidelines/rules, it's just the government trying to control your life, right?

Reactions: Gadfly

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I’d like to believe the DR Covid data is correct but, after many winters in the DR, the one thing I’ve learned is nothing is as it seems. I’ve spent a fair bit of time in the campo and know that many elderly people simply pass away and their deaths are attributed to age. Covid infection is not always identified as the cause of death.

Since the pandemic began, the previous government‘s priority was keeping the AI tourist industry alive. The new administration is following the same path. That alone, makes the data questionable.

The Omicron BA-2 variant is now world wide. More infectious and similar to BA-1 in its intensity. Not as deadly to the vaccinated but very deadly to the unvaccinated or those with pre existing medical conditions. An average of 150,000 daily infections is expected in major Canadian cities and we have some of the highest vaccination rates in the world.

The DR like many other countries including Canada is remaining wide open and cutting back on testing and tracking. In the DR, tourists continue to flow in from many countries and still do not need a vax pass to enter and only random testing at airports. It’s just a matter of time before it spreads through the DR and the death toll rises again.

If it’s true that nobody died during the past 18 days, it’s a lull, it’s not sustainable.
Well there are about 2 million unvaccinated Haitians in the DR and if sick they go to the public hospitals. They haven't and aren't flooding the hospitals so purhaps they have natural immunity or only get mildly sick from covid. Same of most young Dominicans.

Reactions: aarhus

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
This is no accident. Good planning and vaccines............

That’s good news if true. Thx for sharing. The source (DT) I always find odd because whenever I click on them from this site DT never shows a byline (writer/reporte name). I gave up on that site years ago.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Actually, the latest report is 23 days w/o a covid death. Believe it - or not:

Coronavirus Covid-19 Bulletin #749/ 6 April 2022
https://dr1.com/forums/threads/.401602/#post-5639357
The Ministry of Public Health Coronavirus Bulletin #749 with the deadline of 6 April 2022 reports 39 new cases, down from 58 on the previous day. For 23 consecutive days there have been no Covid-19 deaths reported. The death rate is at 0.76%, one of the lowest in the Americas.

Reactions: aarhus

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Ehh why bother? I mean as many people here say "If it's God's will", so then why bother to vaccinate, why bother using masks? If it's your turn to go then it's your turn to go, then why bother following speed limits? Why bother using a seatbelt, or why bother following any other laws/guidelines/rules, it's just the government trying to control your life, right?
I am still waiting for the Dominican government to publish the numbers of how many people died here as a direct result of adverse effects caused by the vaccine.
Example:
Thailand has just released their numbers. So far it appears to be 3,670. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.