2-Up to Samana Peninsula - Cavebiker & Cavegirl

cavebiker

Have a dream, live it. Set a goal, achieve it.
Feb 10, 2012
www.justadventuretravel.net
Great pix ... Are you a tourist visiting, or do you live in the DR?

When you are immersed in work, and work, and work, you even forget that there's so much beauty lying around everywhere ... time to take a road trip again!

Hey rubio_higuey,
Thanks for the thumbs up. We are in the states now, I wrote this stuff in 2011? as it was happening. I didn?t want to change it I guess (lazy). This is a beautiful island indeed.

wondering what do you call these because I was told that they are not empanadas?

DR5_5900-L.jpg

very nice pics that's the beach that I want to go to

Hey paintedlbird7,

The light colored things on the left are for-sure empanadas but the torpedo looking things on the right, I am not sure.

I think my favorite empanada of all is a perfectly cooked empanada de huevos e case. The little cart at the pharmasia in Sabaneta on hwy 5 makes the vary best in the world.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Love the pictures. This is exactly where I go when I want to hit the beach while in the DR. Las Terrenas is absolutely beautiful, and I also have a similar size bike and ride from SFM. But I could never get my wife to take a trip beyond a 2 or 3 minute ride in the campo.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I fell in love with Las Terranas the first time I visited 12 years ago. With all of the changes and upgrading, the one thing that has remained constant are the magnificant beaches that you have so wonderfully photographed. I am looking forward to returning in a few months. At the risk of inviting a horde, let me say to all who have never been, you owe yourself a visit.

Reactions: cavebiker

cavebiker

Have a dream, live it. Set a goal, achieve it.
Feb 10, 2012
www.justadventuretravel.net
Ahhhh! I can't stop reading these reports. It's cold and snowy here in Northern Wisconsin and this seems to help. We will be back...
I wonder what's happening in Las Terrenas today.

Reactions: AlterEgo

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Well done! The old Sanchez to LT road used to be my favorite road in the DR (in a car not riding bikes anymore) through the small villages. I haven't been to Las Galleras for ages nice to see these pics.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hey rubio_higuey,
Thanks for the thumbs up. We are in the states now, I wrote this stuff in 2011? as it was happening. I didn?t want to change it I guess (lazy). This is a beautiful island indeed.

Hey paintedlbird7,

The light colored things on the left are for-sure empanadas but the torpedo looking things on the right, I am not sure.

I think my favorite empanada of all is a perfectly cooked empanada de huevos e case. The little cart at the pharmasia in Sabaneta on hwy 5 makes the vary best in the world.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Cool small world. We lived near Lake Calhoun for years. DR is where we want to be especially this time of year. (y)
very small world indeed... in the late 70s I lived on lake Harriet, across for the bandstand, went to the U of Minnesota...and this is much better than International Falls this time of year.........