2016 Hurricane Season

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
this is the best one to observe the waterloads approaching.
it auto-updates.
97L get's more concentrated,
that means more water at the same spot but also much smaller on size, less chance to catch the load.

wv-animated.gif

Mike

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
We have had an inch of rain in the last few hours in SD and it just looks like its starting. Bring on the Rum and Cokes !

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
aside of the morning showers we had zero rain during the day here.
over the northern Leeward Islands Tropical Storm Force winds been measured.
it is a unorganized system but sure makes for a hellofaParty where it steps by

Mike

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Solid rain for the last hour in SAntiago.

Good to see you Mike. How are the greenies out there in the East?

HB

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I noticed that the atmospheric presure dropped to 1014 mbar which is the lowest Ive seen in a very long time but I suspect the Hispaniola cordillera central will knock this little guy out or he might just get away if he skips to the north

Aug 21, 2007
I noticed that the atmospheric presure dropped to 1014 mbar which is the lowest Ive seen in a very long time but I suspect the Hispaniola cordillera central will knock this little guy out or he might just get away if he skips to the north

Drake, I don't recall ever seeing a post from you....but you have been a member since 2002! I am impressed! Glad to meet you!

Lindsey

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Drake,
it already IS to the North.
right now the "Center" is located 100 miles North of central Puerto Rico.
the system is very wide and a real "Center" barely to watch.
we are on the east under it's influence since late last night.
right now, due the influence of the system,
we are here dead calm, no waves/flat Ocean, no wind.
the cloud formations seen over the Ocean look fantastic, and they bare that rare "stormy" style.
this one is not a question "where it's Center hits",
it is who get's which portion of the far from Center TS-areas/rainloads.
most of that system run's fairly dry, some parts contain heaviest waterloads which over Land like Hispa?iola's Mountains trigger floodings and mudslides.
to it's northeast and to it's South it carries the heavy thunderstorms, which are gale force winds of a good Tropical Storm Force.
and by the actual look that Southern portion will wander along our Islands South or over Land even,
it is moving fats, the "Center" should be north of Samana Peninsula maybe by 1AM tonight, wandering along the Northshore of the Isle.
how close, i don't know. too far north could mean to get the stormy southern portion over our heads.
for people away from the Riverbeds and not out for "Stormwatch" there will not be any danger.
we have to expect that some areas may get a heavy waterload dumped down including some heavy winds,
so everybody should get the drinks at home tonight and in the morning check first what is moving "where", before leaving the house.
we can simply sleep it over and all is fine.
i would guess the schools may be closed tomorrow, as usual when we get more than a short burst of rain, lol.

Mike

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
So according to the "window of movement," (which I find to be one of the most hilarious phrases ever invented) the North Coast should be getting SLAMMED right now.

And here in Batey, Sosua, we are.....not. I may eat my words. And the plaster on my east wall may eat me.

But...what?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Drove out to Punta Cana International to take my son to catch a flight to Brussels yesterday afternoon. Interesting… in the San Pedro de Macoris-La Romana area the rain storm was so heavy the visibility for driving was affected. But getting on the Autopista del Coral on the Higuey and Punta Cana, clear skies. On the way back, no rain, and who would have imagined the rain storms we went through to get there because all the highway pavement seemed very dry.

This morning in Santo Domingo there were gusty winds early in the morning, but mostly grey skies… no rain so far.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the strongest winds around TS-Force wander over Water notyh of the DR.
the heaviest waters seem to be in the southern portion which wandered along the southshores and the east portion which wandered over Puerto Rico and brought heavy rain to our East late last night.
yesterday we've been clear all day here on the east.
Yuma on the SE seems to be drownedlate night/early morning.
our Northcoast is closest to the Center, but that Center does not carry much and anyways is a couple hundred miles north of the Island and not coming closer.
the waters are located in different far from center portions/bands.
nothing dangerous anyways, as long as people do not try to drive vulnerable road sections or go camping by da River today and tomorrow.
just a couple more days of less heat(i love the temps from yesterday and today, sunny but no heat) and in some areas cloudy/rain on-off, that's all.
i didn't bring my daughter to school today, as i expected more of rain for this area, but it missed us by a few miles and came down in Yuma instead.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

yes,
that's why we have every year again the peak time for hurricane season during the same time frame/weeks.
because different Ocean and Air Conditions run each on their own separate cycles,
and when such cycles come together at the same time/time frame, the number of diffeent "circumstances" to favour the forming of a Storm out of a bunch of disturbed weather areas, inrease significantly.
such "circumstances" are for example warm Ocean Surface Temps, dropping high level air hitting rising low level air, low Windshear and a high frequence of Tropical Waves (produced by the far East Monsun) hitting Atlantic Waters of the Coast from western Africa (one Wave every 2-3 days during peak time weeks).
those things happen several times at different times of the year,
but only Once each year, from mid august to mid october, they occure Together.
disturbed weather, strong windy areas, heavy rainfilled areas, such happens all around the year.
as fact we have here on the DR-Eastshores during Wintertime much more heavy windy consecutive days than we have heavy windy and rainy days during hurricane season,
but those do not happen together with low Windshear or hot Sea Surface Temps etc etc, so they are just that, heavy winds with strong rain, but no Tropical Cyclone forming out of those.
hence there is the statistical Peak Day of Storms, September 10th !
on the 100 years Calendar we have in the Atlantic Basin on Average 1 Storm on the Maps on a September 10th.
it is almost a safe bet to say on september 10th we will have a Storm somewhere in the Basin, lol.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
here on the east a 15 minutes shower just finished.
looks like it was the rest of what would be around for us over here.
sure some small cellscould pop up somewhere during the evening or tonight, for short showers, but nothing else, as the max.
the Center itself run's dry along the straight between northern Cuba and the Bahamas towards southern Florida.
you guys on the SW of the Isle will be as usual the ones whom get it last and finish last, Capitale?os, always the slowest/latest, lol.

at the moment there is nothing of any danger out there and actually nothing in the make.

time to start da weekend

Mike

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Today there was a long heavy shower over Santo Domingo, the capital. I'm actually surprised the city isn't more flooded, it rained really hard and for a long time. It doesn't look like it'll get any better!! I guess this is a stay home friday.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it is that interesting time of year again, to get that pavement wet and ready.
they are lining up as usual now.
a weak Invest in the Gulf.
Tropical Depressions 8 and 9.
Cat 3 Hurricane Gaston.
and by Tuesday Noon we should have a very interesting new Invest just a tad bit south of the Cape Verde Islands,
a nice strong Tropical wave hitting at a time of good conditions to make something out of it.
Let it Blow, Baby.

Mike