Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we'll switch to German in a while !!

hahaha
that could get funny, lol.

as for our surroundings Storm wise,
not much to report about.
Matthew and Nicole are on their ways away from us,
btw both are on intensification cycles, slow ones.
the disturbed weather SE of the Islands shows nothing new, no development expected before it entered the caribbean Sea after the weekend.

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Mike,

I hope you enjoyed tracking this storm because you were so helpful to all of us.
and , for once, we were able to chip in and help with local updates.
I want to thank you for taking what must have been a lot of time to study and report all your tracking.

Hooray, hooray for the Fisherman

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
while i am always fascinated by all natural powers, like the tropical windies,
the better they are for study the less they can be enjoyed, as they sorrily always come with dangers and devastation somewhere.
what makes this DR1 Topic the best on the net is the fact that real people from all different regions on the Isle, bring up real on the ground observations/reports of what really happens at that moment.
as we saw again, not every dark green "waterload area" means that someone drowns beneath,
and other areas which seem to be "fine" get well more than predicted by forecasts.
all the different reports are what makes this topic so valuable.

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I saw that, Cabrera was right under a terrible looking thing on the radar but nothing really happened.

Odd, isn't it, the inaccuracy of it when lives can depend on the accuracy

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I pass by there almost every day or someone from my family does, I live on Defillo just 2 blocks from 27 de Febrero :( this is very worrysome

I pass by often too, apparently MOPC already send engineers to check though.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I know we're all concerned about this storm, but try to keep it DR related. *I suggest another thread be opened in Off Topic to continue discussing impact on the US

Update. *New thread in Off Topic for Matthew in US

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let me close this thread by saying kudos to Mike and all those really good folks that posted on this thread. They were a great help to all of us in our own daily lives. Kfrancis down in the Deep South let us know how it really was. Great Job. Mike, a lot of real thanks to you. This is what this site and thread is all about.

AE, great moderating.

HB

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
HB,
don't close this Topic.
the Season is not over, yet,
we still have stormy news to report about or follow up on.

Mike

Nooooo don't close it please, hurricane season is not over yet and the weather is still crazy out there

May 20, 2012
Not closing this thread, I think he just meant the Matthew chapter of 2016 weather.*

Also, we need to keep watching Matthew since there is a possibility it will head back South. Yeah, forecasted to hit Miami if this happens. But I have learned that hurricanes can do anything they want.*