2019 Hurricane Season

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
View attachment 3146

The map shows the scenario in simple words, to be understandable even by simple minds.
Just to add to the last line:
In case red area residents cant move to yellow areas, just sit tight and drink more rum and all will be fine.

I have not seen any official red alerts, and that image looks very much that from 2017, found here hurrican maria
https://acento.com.do/2017/actualidad/8493623-republica-dominicana-recibe-region-este-primeros-efectos-huracan-maria/

Sure that is the current one? Only yellow and green alerts in mainstream dominican media.

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
hahaha

The route/path may be the same....

seems to be a 'well beaten' one !!!

Now I need to decide if I take down my DISH dish receiver....again !!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Hey, the picture is a joke.
The real stuff been said in the post right above it, lol
You observed it correctly, it is a few years old, dont know if it was from the 2017 storms or before.

My daughters regula school is afternoon classes, so tomorrow i will not send her there, doesnt matter what alert comes out.
I did not listen to any noticias, yet, but i would expect that we are soon under a red alert for the whole east from La Romana up to Samana, as by actual forecasts all the east will be very close to a storm of high TS/close to hurricane potential.
I am in no way concerned about a thing, as for smart people which prepare and spend those 24hrs at home no real danger will be around.
But we have to stick with the fact that any forcast can fail by a bit or even a lot, so from tomorrow adyernoon til thursday afternoon hopefully power qill stay up for a 24hrs of family fun playing at home.
If power gets down we may be forced to play with the ole lady at home and send the kids with their barbies on their rooms.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
WW, The track has move more over PR so your Dish stuff should be OK. Check the latest update.
Olly and the Team

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I took the dam thing down TWICE 2 yrs ago

and paid for the hook-up TWICE !!!!!!

Idiot !!

How did I know two were coming ???

Somebody else here did too

thasnks Olly for the encouragement

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
5PM update.
This is The Storm, of which nobody can really see the real center of the system.
Thats good, as such fleddered system will not be able to build a eyewall any soon to become a real hurricane.
We rely on the hunters data to locate the center and that us well north of the prior projected path.
Good for DR, bad for PR.
This way Dorian will cross the SW of Puerto Rico and more likely doing landfall even further East, on SouthCentral Puerto Rico.
Such path will keep it in a safe distance from our east shores.
No changes on measured pressures/powers.
But the neighbours, which never got the needed mainland/us assistance to recover from the horrendous hits in 2017, are again in for a wild ride.
We stay tuned, next update 11PM.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Any idea how much water is it carrying and seeing as its tracking much more east on this past run how much water can we expect here in the Eastern half of the DR as it passes ?..

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The spaghetti models are confusing.

plate-of-spaghetti-lee-serenethos.jpg

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Abiut the waterloads we should talk tomorrow morning, as the whole game changed plans completely.
Not only put the hunters the storm way further east, which the H and L area placements far of our north could even move more further to the east during tonight, Dorian also is a bothered thing of a storm, it looks anything but healthy.
The last couple hours its former strengthening(looking like strengthening) N and W bands promised for DR up to 9 inches water easily.
At this moment i may fear we need to water the plants in front of my house ourselfs tomorrow and thursday.
Dorian is small, so ee have to watch, as it can get its rainbands back and strengthen those within just a few hours, the same such system can disapper from the news within just a few hours.
Such small thing is the hardest to predict.
And anyways, if it really hits south central PR, a walk over, then we will not have any reliable forecast anymore not even for the next 3-4 hrs into the future from there, because PR is rough terrain for big storms, a lil Dorian may run dead there with nothing left.
We just can watch and stay ready in case we would get 50mphr winds and 8 inches of rain.
I have boats of all sizes at Cap Cana and Punta Cana Marinas. We ve been ready for ty up and lock down this afternoon, but we did not do so, yet.
We will wait til tomorrow morning.
If we await the strong stuff for late wednesday, we will ty up and if we await 50+mphr winds we will also take down the outriggers etc etc.
But at the moment all those preparations are on stand by. We are prepared to do a full lock down on all boats within a couple hours. But such will not be done today.
Chances are high that nothing significant will happen here at my backyard.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
As Jimmy Buffet used to sing about Florida:

Now most of the people who retire in Florida
are wrinkled and they lean on a crutch.
And mobile homes are smotherin' my keys;
Well I hate those bastards so much.
I wish a summer squall would blow them
all the way up to fantasy land.
They're ugly and square, they don't belong here.
They look a lot better as beer cans.