2019 Hurricane Season

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
If anything was coming - I expect we'd have heard by now

my thoughts are completely focused on hot chis and cold drinks.
came home right now from drinkets shopping, $250.- to prepare the cooler for our outing tomorrow with friends and my family to Saona Island for the day.
when I look out the window it is since at least 2 weeks pure sunshine, calmest to zero winds, no waves between DR and PR,
absolutely nothing to worry about and all that without a weather forecast.
as none of the actually running tropical waves is associated with any strong, not even mediocre low pressure system,
there is no way that anything could pop up near the island any time soon.
so a check of the outlook for the rest of the season has to wait til sunday afternoon or after the weekend.
I guess it's already over, but will take a look on it soon of course.

cheers on a torching hot weekend
even that the debil wave over the southern lesser Antilles could bring some clouds over me tomorrow.
but with such as the worst possible case, I say Island life is fine, lol

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It's been so nice we are still using the swimming pool here in the mountains.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
It's been so nice we are still using the swimming pool here in the mountains.

yeah.
this is my 25th Fall on the Island and it is on top of the rankings.
it is absolutely not the norm that I have such weeks long constant hot temps and no rain and super calmest to zero winds and super calm ocean in October, here on my side of the Isle.
simply beautiful
and nothing to worry about any weather.
Enjoy

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
looks all quiet out there with nothing in sight.
conditions are hostile against storm development, so I do not expect anything else out of our East for this season.
the Caribbean Sea, even not under much favorable conditions, could still bring up weaker TDs or TSs.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Any thoughts on how/when this Saharan Dust may dissipate?

hopefully it will stay for more weeks.
it is a significant part for this picture perfect Fall weather we have here on the east the last weeks,
2019 is the best Fall ever weather wise, I think.
high pressure dominates, dry atmosphere, barely any rain anywhere, lowest calm winds.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
in case not everybody felt it already,
we started Caribbean Winter Time.
conditions for tropical weather systems/formations are gone.
now is the time of the year with more clouds, more rainy hours, stronger winds etc til end Feb/early March.
here is hope for a strong winter season business wise, as the last couple weeks already picked up a lot here
and the outlook for mid December onwards looks fantastic.

we can close this one til next Summer
stay warm and keep the drinks cold

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
in case not everybody felt it already,
we started Caribbean Winter Time.
conditions for tropical weather systems/formations are gone.
now is the time of the year with more clouds, more rainy hours, stronger winds etc til end Feb/early March.
here is hope for a strong winter season business wise, as the last couple weeks already picked up a lot here
and the outlook for mid December onwards looks fantastic.

we can close this one til next Summer
stay warm and keep the drinks cold

Thanks for all you do, Mike. Given this was my first year here and I've experienced siklons in Haiti, I visited this thread whenever you posted an update.

A special thanks for keeping those nasty sikons away from here. It's appreciated!!! :laugh:

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Mike, you'll always be my "Poster of the Year".
So many times you have reassured the DR1 community everything was going to be OK when the Major Networks were warning of devastation. You have always hit the nail on the head!
Many thanks for all the effort you have put in over the years.
"In Mike we trust"!
Best wishes
J&T

Rober1980

Nov 19, 2018
Things are going worth in some other, not so disastrous, weather condition ways.
But yes, it seems calm for now.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i did not plan to be back here before next late spring-early summer,
but as we have a Tropical Storm out there i just want to mention it{s possibilities.
TS Sebastien will not be any danger-bother for the DR at no time.
it is located a couple hundred miles out of the northernmost Islands and moves towards Northern directions away.
I almost missed its existance completely', only run into it as before the weekend our High Seas wave forecast looked nasty for today and tomorrow, while as fact we are out offshore fishing on the calmest Sea you could get at any time of the year 20nmls off the Cape, so I searched for what our usually well reliable high seas forcast may have done wrong.
the error been, that the models counted correctly on a developing disturbance, which would have brought on the usual NW Tracking at this time of year some waves towards our E and NE of the Island,
but the system is moving much more northwards than the average system at this time, so we are here on the East since already several days provided with the most beautiful and calmest winter weather ever.
we have calm seas, barely any wind to speak of, nice very warm temps, barely any clouds in the sky.
this winter so far is one of the nicest I ever had in 25 consecutive winters, just perfect, at least for the Eastshores around my soil and on the SE around Saona Island, where I have guests on daily bases cruising around on picture perfect super calm waters.

nothing to worry about, just wanted to mention that there really is a TS Sebastien existing and roaming away from the far NE.

cheers

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We need some rain. It's rain season and we ain't getting much. Bring it on please.

Rain hard in Jarabacoa during the night and this morning, flooded the bottom floors on both school as the drains , which are large, couldn't keep up to the amount of water falling from the sky. All's great though, no wet drywall to deal with. Sun just starting to break through at 11:45.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Still nothing close to a normal November in Cabarete regarding rainfall. Some rain, but not like many years i have been here.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Well... here in Cabrera , we have just had over a foot of rain in the last hour or so
My pool went up that much.....

Where it came from and/or where it's going -- I dunno

But the wind is from the west - always bad news here

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Rain hard in Jarabacoa during the night and this morning, flooded the bottom floors on both school as the drains , which are large, couldn't keep up to the amount of water falling from the sky. All's great though, no wet drywall to deal with. Sun just starting to break through at 11:45.
We got 3" in the pool last night.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
According to Onamet, rains due to continue across the north and west of the country until Saturday, and six provinces under alert. Santiago Rodriguez, Santiago, Valverde, La Vega, Puerto Plata and Monseñor Nouel. Here in Moncion it rained very heavily yesterday and all night and heavy rain has just started again.

Matilda